Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[video=youtube;8PZ4Jl02HJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PZ4Jl02HJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PZ4Jl02HJc[/video]

Click link, watch movie.

Anyone been in such a situation? Wonder how i'd act.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
A common issue.

It looks like Becky quit running against the track once she was passed. She started running against the other riders, and became fixated on them and their lines.

I used to have this problem in my youth. Until a took a couple of track riding classes and had a great instructor beat into my head "run your own race against the track, and ignore the other riders". I made big gains after that.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
So completely unnecessary. It looked almost as if the rider had to ATTEMPT to go over there and hit that bike. But then again, the lines this rider was taking showed no indication that he or she knew anything at all about apexes etc. So probably a very novice rider.

·
Premium Member
71,086 Posts
saw this happen on a group ride January 2007.

Berkshire run

1.cold roads +
2.wet roads in the shade... +
3. guy on his first bike +
4. mid turn sand and an access gap in the guard rail.=

target fix on the sand then the gap in the rail..... thats exactly where he went brand new F4i dropped in the dirt and sand and snow could have been much worse he "drove" away after we road repaired his bike. his bike was in the back of the truck he was in :squid: I hope he learned something.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Looking at the comment she denies target fixation, and just attributes it to braking in the corner. Leads me to believe it's gonna happen again. Dumb mistake, but one I've been guilty of in the past.
Great advice BTW Devious... Gonna file that away in the head! ;D

Some targets are ok to fixate on though...

:jerkoff:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Devious2xs said:
A common issue.

It looks like Becky quit running against the track once she was passed. She started running against the other riders, and became fixated on them and their lines.

I used to have this problem in my youth. Until a took a couple of track riding classes and had a great instructor beat into my head "run your own race against the track, and ignore the other riders". I made big gains after that.
When riding fast i try to see if i can follow other more experienced riders. This is something i will need to stop. Tho...giving a GSXR 1000 a run for his money feels quite good ;)

I hope i can do some trackdays soon with a decent instructer. I'll keep your comment in mind Devious.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
When I did a trackday training at Mid-Ohio, halfway through the day the guy who was in line in front of me right behind the instructor (the only Guzzi on the track) gave it too much gas in a corner and lowsided about 10ft in front of me right off the track into the hay bales. I just kept riding my line while watching him and saying, "Whoa whoa whoaaa! You're not supposed to do that!"

·
Registered
261 Posts
Damn lucky she didn't hit the rider. Good advice on how to avoid target fixation though. Hope I never have to practice that.

:afro: :afro:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I am just glad she didn't hit the other rider, and hey at least she is on a track tryin'. She should take a class.

·
Registered
533 Posts
jsek29 said:
Damn lucky she didn't hit the rider. Good advice on how to avoid target fixation though. Hope I never have to practice that.

:afro: :afro:
I'm not so sure she didn't. If your going to fixate, do it from the front of the pack, not the back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.