Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 1,100 miles of riding with my Bose earbuds (~100, sound great for music, not so good for staying in my ears), my ears rang for TWO DAYS. I rather like my hearing, but riding with earplugs on long trips is a bit mind-numbingly dull. But, I've always ridden with regular earbuds which sound alright, but didn't seem to help with wind noise.

Well, Shure's foam earplug material not only completely blocked my ears from all but the faintest indication of wind noise at 80+ mph. I got up to 'ludicrious' speed on a backroad on the 1098 and I hardly heard the characteristic 'WHOOOOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH'. Plus, the sound is excellent. The only limiting factor of these headphones was the mediocre audio quality of the ipod nano.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I looked at those and almost got them, but the price was too much for me. I got hte Skull Kandy isolating earbuds for $15. I'm happy with em, much quieter, probably not as much as the Shure's, but noticable. The sound is good too. And they stay in my ears very well. We'll see how they feel after a 3 day trip through Yellowstone.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Jpip, you should have gone with the shure e500's, that's what i've got and consider it bliss, i guess if you love the skullcandys you probably don't need the shures, just to let you know, it's less than 7 cents of parts in a skullcandy bud.

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
jrussell6 said:
just to let you know, it's less than 7 cents of parts in a skullcandy bud.
Aw hell, There's less than 7 cents of parts in most of the guy's skulls who post on this site!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.