Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around at possible exhausts for my 955i and have found a Devil Magnum exhaust. It's high level with removable baffle/sound killer. I want a high level exhaust to show off that rear wheel 8)

Has anyone got any experience of these? I'm not after a really really loud exhaust but wouldn't mind a bit of noise ;D

·
Registered
487 Posts
i've been jonesing after their set up for the 05+ for a year, just never had the spare change to pull the trigger. heard them on a friends gsxr-1000 sounds great... not overly loud.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm... could be worth trying out then :)

The stock can is very quiet but does make a nice sound when accelerating. I have a feeling you get more induction noise than exhaust though! The stock can would be fine if it wasn't so long

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i wont the auction on Ebay... picked up a brand new Devil Magnum for £219 including postage! It's road legal with a removable baffle, high mount setup with pillion foot rest adapter kit. Should be here later today or tomorrow with a bit of luck ;D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers, will do... i'm off to a bike meet tonight so probably wont have time to fit them until tomorrow night after work

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, i fitted the exhaust last night and i'm chuffed with the way it looks. The can is slightly longer than i expected but looks much better in it's high mount position. It sounds much the same as the stock can with it's baffle installed but i didn't have enough time to drill out the tiny rivot last night as i went to a pub meet to show it off ;D

The only slight problem i've got is that the indicator was touching the can when fitted in it's proper position so i had to lower it slightly to give a bit of clearance. That will soon be sorted though as i plan to isntall LED indicators.

I'm hoping to get the baffle out tonight so will see how it sounds then. From what i've heard from a mate of mine at the pub last night, it will sound awesome!

I did start the bike up without a can on for a few seconds... :eek: just a bit loud

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i removed the baffle last night ;D it sounds great... very rumbly on tickover and a lovely deep sound on the move. I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting a distinctive sound without making your ears bleed! It's not excessively loud, just rumbly

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no re-mapping involved... i just took the standard can off and rplaced it with the Devil one. I runs really well and, up to now, i haven't noticed any side effects, other than a lovely exhaust note ;D

I'll have to see if i can find someone with a decent camera so i can get a sound/video clip. We only have one of those old school video cameras ::) Maybe my mobile phone will do the trick..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts