Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have a 2009 speed triple and decided to upgrade the headlights to the 2012 version which went well everything fit ok and works the problem is the flyscreen and fitting kit are different so I bought and fitted these which led to newer later shape clocks as the older ones don't sit in the flyscreen fitting kit correctly now the later clocks fit and light up ok but throws a engine light up and immobilises the bike :-/ has anyone come across this ? the clocks are from a 2013 speed triple R

Also does anyone know where I can get the mileage correction done ? the new clocks have twice the miles my bike has done

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Your first mistake was downgrading your lights.

I'm not here to help, I'm just here to insult your life choices.

Someone might be along that can actually be of assistance.. Welcome, and way to ruin the best year of speedy...

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Yup. The new instrument cluster doesn't work with the pre 2011 ECU.

Sorry Charlie. You're well and truly fücked. Should of stuck withe the classic round headlights that belong on the bike. (The new headlights are not an "upgrade." They're just fugly.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Hi guys I have a 2009 speed triple and decided to upgrade the headlights to the 2012 version which went well everything fit ok and works the problem is the flyscreen and fitting kit are different so I bought and fitted these which led to
newer later shape clocks as the older ones don't sit in the flyscreen fitting kit correctly now the later clocks fit and light up ok but throws a engine light up and immobilises the bike :-/ has anyone come across this ? the clocks are from a 2013 speed triple R
Like crashmasterd said, that combo is not going to work. ECU polls the gauges via CANbus and if they are not of right VIN range startup ground is denied.

2010 Red/White SE's gauges T2503130 (with the blue LCD and grey tacho) are the only plug & play upgrade gauges for your bike.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
wow, I hope you're castrated, some people are just to dumb to be allowed to reproduce.

In what conceivable way could putting ugly, plastic (prone to cracking), optically challenged (because of the irregular shape), did I mention ugly, headlights be considered an upgrade? Everything after that just confirms the diagnosis of chronic imbecility.

Please surrender yourself to the dog catcher and see if you can get a low cost sterilization.

·
Registered
18 Posts
ECU polls the gauges via CANbus and if they are not of right VIN range startup ground is denied ..... i got a 2005 speed triple 1050 just fitted 2012 2 button cluster speedometer everything works starts up runs al lights fuel gage etc but speedo is staying at 0 , can only think this is because my other one was in the rev counter not the screen , so think i need to rewire the block connector

1 - 17 of 17 Posts