Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok there's a few threads about the tool to adjust this part, but nothing about how it's done. I refuse to take it to the dealer and will be doing it myself. I order the special tool which damn well better be gold plated and hope to do it this weekend so I can get back to abusing my bike with wheelies and stoppies.

To anyone that's done it: Does the front need to be lifted? If so i'm assuming not by the forks since the weight will still be on the headstock.
I measured the top nut that holds the tope triple on at 36 mm (more like 35.5) does it come off with a regular socket? seeing that the corners are rounded and made of aluminum, I'm a little weary of taking a regular socket to it.
Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the manual, sounds pretty straight forward, after teh top triple is off, remover the lock nut, torque the adjuster to 40NM, slacken and re-tighten to 15NM. torque the lock nut at 40NM (maybe 90, I'll check) and then replace the top triple and top nut.
I was just curious to know any tips or tricks to the service. Does the front need to be lifted? I'd rather not have to buy a front stand right now, I'll need one eventually, but i'd rather wait. One of the local harley techs lives by me, maybe I can borrow his lift. I just don't know how steady that'd be while torquing parts.
Thanks for the tip on the top nut.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.