Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2011 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

My name is Mat. I now reside in a regional 'city' in the Australian state of Victoria, called Ballarat. There's a lot of history here from the Gold Rush days, and it's a pretty cool place to live, in many senses of the word. I'm previously from Melbourne, where I have always lived but have regularly taken trips interstate and overseas, which I've definitely missed over the last few years.

I'm a bit of a Triumph fan. I'm onto my fourth now. I've owned many bikes in the past and have regretted selling several of them.

Those of note are, a Buell XB12S, a KTM Duke 690, a 2000 Daytona 955i, a 2013 Thruxton 900, a 2009 Street Triple 675 and now a 2011 Speed Triple 1050.

The Thruxton is the only one I purchased new, the rest have been purchased second hand and in excellent condition with low mileage. Most have been stock standard at the time of purchase.

Living in Ballarat I often ride in the rain. It's just part of life here, so unfortunately my bikes tend to cop a bit of weather. I also tend to ride about 1,000km a month with a mix of commuting and some spirited riding in the hills with friends. I've done a few track days but am not game enough to take my Speedy to the track. I'm currently 'working' on a campaign to buy a dedicated track bike.

Outside of motorbikes, I'm a registered Building Designer and have run my own business for many, many years. I'm also a keen road cyclist and mountain biker, owner of a British Bulldog and Miniature Schnauzer, partner to a sometimes very unlucky but tolerant woman, and very proud father to a beautiful three year old girl, who means the absolute world to me.

Some photos of some bikes and a face to the name.

My name is Mat. I now reside in a regional 'city' in the Australian state of Victoria, called Ballarat. There's a lot of history here from the Gold Rush days, and it's a pretty cool place to live, in many senses of the word. I'm previously from Melbourne, where I have always lived but have regularly taken trips interstate and overseas, which I've definitely missed over the last few years.

Anyway... I was on these forums many years ago, although I've lost / forgotten my old user name and my email address from back then probably no longer exists, so here I am again with a new one.

I'm a bit of a Triumph fan. I'm onto my fourth now.

Previously I've owned a 2000 Daytona 955i, 2009 Thruxton 900, 2009 Street Triple 675 and now a 2011 Speed Triple 1050.

The Thruxton is the only one I purchased new, the rest have been purchased second hand and in excellent condition with low mileage. Most have been stock standard at the time of purchase.

Living in Ballarat I often ride in the rain. It's just part of life here, so unfortunately my bikes tend to cop a bit of weather. I also tend to ride about 1,000km a month with a mix of commuting and some spirited riding in the hills with friends. I've done a few track days but am not game enough to take my Speedy to the track. I'm currently 'working' on a campaign to buy a dedicated track bike.

Outside of motorbikes, I'm a registered Building Designer and have run my own business for many, many years. I'm also a keen road cyclist and mountain biker, owner of a British Bulldog and Miniature Schnauzer, partner to a sometimes very unlucky but tolerant woman, and very proud father to a beautiful three year old girl, who means the absolute world to me.

Some photos of some bikes and a face to the name.

Thanks for having me.

Motorcycle helmet Helmet Superbike racing Motorcycle racer Tire
Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Photograph

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Helmet Vehicle Sky

Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Wheel Vehicle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts