Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello everyone, Canada weather sucks...blew my engine..rode 4 times this year ! .
:crying:now I'm in here...I need some help with measurements.
I have checked with a Triumph dealer and Triumph Rep told him the right side hub hole size for all 3 generations of Speed triples are the same size.
I have conflicting information and need the help of forum members to measure theirs and let me know please.
What I am getting is, it isn't a stepped hub...and it's about 29.5mm. I measured a 2020 at Sturgis Cycle In Hamilton ( much respect great guys) today and it's straight hole 29.9 no step.
But a friend with a 2009 in NY said his was stepped. starts out wide then narrows.
I am making a special hub roller for the right side ST and need to verify from the community if they are all the same size.
I don't have the resources as big multinational companies so I need grass roots help.
Help this noob out please.
Should I have posted this in a different area?
Admins can let me know if it's ok.?
:smiley-asskiss:
Thanks from Canada

·
Registered
202 Posts
Another Canadian!
Welcome.:drink:

ONE of the bearings (right side) is different
Same ID/OD but 5mm wider.
At some point in time,
they have just changed to a sealed bearing, rather than a bearing + seal - that is probably why the part number for the complete eccentric is unchanged, because is backwards compatible and dimensionally the same.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol...thanks Chaos. Another American I presume ! 2 wheels have no borders ... So thanks for the reply but, maybe I didn't explain properly....as per usual. all generations. It's the inside hub diameter.- right side. As if you were inserting a rear single sided stand pin into it. Some tell me theirs is stepped to a smaller dimension half way in.

·
Registered
202 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts