Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all just came by to say hi maybe learn a few things.

I’m currently in the process of buying my first triple a bug eye of course a friend of mine had one and I just fell in love. A couple of years ago now I got my license and picked up a Honda cb500f as my first bike it’s been awesome rode the shit out of it but 2 weeks after buying it I realized I had out grown it but of course I had a loan so I was stuck. so finally I have been saving every extra penny I could and finally have the cash to pull the trigger.

anyway it’s been awhile since I have been on an enthusiast forum so looking forward to the conversations

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always saw the light. I just bought a Honda cause I knew it would always start lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Well I bought one. Needs some cleaning up and the green on the frame has to go but for an 07 with 45kms on it for 3200cdn I’m pretty happy

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I’m guessing thats 45k kms. :)
I’d check the RR and put a shunt version on straight away if it hasn’t already been done.
The green frame looks a bit iffy to me but I reckon it would look great with the tank and front guard in BRG like the special edition Daytona.
Enjoy your riding season.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The green is shit. The previous owner plasti dipped it. So I’m gonna peel it off when I get back home. Check the RR what do you mean? There has been some questionable cosmetic mods done to it that I have to fix but for the price it’s worth it. And it runs perfectly

·
Registered
11,733 Posts
Forget the shunt type R/R....(sorry Craig)....what you need is a series style. It may just save your stator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah. Well the previous owner also put a lithium battery in it. I’m gonna toss that and just get a good yuasa battery for it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts