• Suomy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
18,147 Posts
I voted Arai(current) and KBC(prolly my next helmet). I would love to have another Arai, but more than likely, I won't be able to afford it. I think I've found a good deal on a KBC, so more than likely, that's what I will be going with.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I have quite a collection of helmets - for bikes, boats, cars.

I mainly use a Shoei X-11, or my favorite a KBC VR-1 (kevlar, comfortable for my big grape, and light). SO these are the ones I voted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If any of you guys need helmets I can get them for a decent price in Japan. I bought a Hayden rep. Arai for about $360. The price is a little higher right now but still pretty reasonable. The X-11's aren't bad either but the fit is slightly different for the US model, but it still fits me good.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those of you using KBC.....what do you think? Price, quality, fit, etc.....

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have the Arai Profile UK Flag.
I`ve used Arai for over 25 years and this new shape fits me perfect.
Also a KBC.

·
Registered
180 Posts
APtech77 said:
Great helmets.They were the best prices when they came on the scene,but their popularity has hiked up what you`ll pay now.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
APtech77 said:
I have a round head, so the KBCs fit me better than other helmets - especially Arai.

My favorite helmet ever is the KBC VR-1 (in smoked chrome). It is light Kevlar, fits well, decently quiet, good airflow, cheap, and looks good. So they quit making it. :violent1:

I actually like it better than my Shoei X-11.

The latest KBCs fit even better. I just bought a FFR (flip front) and I'm impressed with it so far - the airflow seems even better than the VR-1. But there is no under-chin block for cold weather riding (due to the flip front), but I have other helmets for that.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Found the KBC Airborne 2 cheep and I do like it. Now, I have a plane old HJC CS-12. Figured I did not need to drop $300-600 on a new bucket.. :-\

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Just to stir the pot, though I'm sure most everyone has read this.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/gearbox/motorcycle_helmet_review/

For the record I'm wearing a Scorpion EXO 700. Not because I think it's the best helmet available (it is pretty good) but because my local track requires Snell 2005 or better.

I really want one of those US Military Helicopter helmets they're talking about. :horse:

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Schuberth Concept flip up. Can't get my spindly Titanium frame glasses on otherwise. Also love the in built visor.

Pillion Rider last week won a new blue Nitro helmet in a raffle..........:)

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Scorpion EXO1000 matte black
Think I found my new helmet. Scorpion guys, what do you think of your buckets and which model do you have?

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
old one is HJC CL-12....just won the Shoei RF Diabolic 2 :popcorn:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts