Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out a way to support the bike up so I can remove the front wheel and forks so I can change the oil.

I don't have a manual. But I also need to know how to remove the steering bearings.

My front suspension clanks when I hit the front brake :( and it's been over 40 k miles since ive changed the front fork oil.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Remove the tank and support the front half of the bike by looping 2 straps around the front frame area near the steering head. Then, hang the bike from an engine hoist or other apparatus. Thats how I did my last wheel change.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
kuhlka said:
Remove the tank and support the front half of the bike by looping 2 straps around the front frame area near the steering head. Then, hang the bike from an engine hoist or other apparatus. Thats how I did my last wheel change.
That is excellent - why didn't I think of that!! Thanks kuhlka!

G

·
If you don't have an engine hoist you can use some 2x4's in your garage ceiling, unless it is finished then it is harder. But you could put a pair of hooks each rated for 200lbs(overkill) for the front and then put a strap through that. I did this when I completly took apart my Speed Four.

·
Registered
23,333 Posts
I use a endless chain(block and tackle) for the mentioned task.I put a towel over the tank in case the chains rub or have someone hold then out as i'm lifting.Works great,little effort.
Bucket ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.