Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any body know if it's possible to find a 2005 S3 for around $5000 US! I just got approved for my motorcycle loan but, I have a "bike-only" budget of $5000. Somebody help! I've checked e-bay and Craigslist mostly and found nothing. Is it that it just doesn't exist. I don't want to it to be in perfect condition, just in running condition! I live in NY

-Dan

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
unless it was a beater...i would say no...and by beater i mean banged-up (and not in a good way)...i have been searching for one as well...05 are going for ~$7g's i'd say at the minimum

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I found several '03-'04's for under $6k when I was looking back in Feb, but it's the middle of prime bike season right now, and '05-ups are generally still low miles and more in demand every day.

I suggest you raise your budget and eat Ramen for awhile. You won't regret it even one second.

·
Premium Member
71,086 Posts
kartstar said:
I found several '03-'04's for under $6k when I was looking back in Feb, but it's the middle of prime bike season right now, and '05-ups are generally still low miles and more in demand every day.

I suggest you raise your budget and eat Ramen for awhile. You won't regret it even one second.
thats the key its prime bike season.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, you guys reply fast! Hmphhh! Thanks for the advice, but I guess the possibilty of getting this bike for 5k is just wishful thinking? Oh well then......Ramen it is!!!

-Dan

Just kidding....I hate Ramen!

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Pierogies are 48 for $4....if 6 can fill ya up....thats 8 servings worth of food :beer:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dan,
If you had posted this last week I could have referred you to a guy I knew who was selling
an absolutely mint 2000 for around $5300 up in Westchester but it disappeared on craigslist real quick.

If you want an '05 you'll def. have to up yr budget a coupla grand, but I have an '04 myself
and can vouch that my earlier 955i S3 is also an unbelievable blast.

-Dave

·
Registered
95 Posts
The Cheapster and I were having this very discussion last Sunday.

Speedy's hold there value.

That's good if you have one, bad if you're a lookin.

I paid $5500 for my "03 a couple of years ago. That was from a dealership.

If you just have to have a newer body style, hang in there. Otherwise, look for a '02-'04. You might be able to stay in budget.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
its a honda 954RR tail..at least the tail light

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.