Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 Triumph Speed Triple 1050 is about half as loud as it used to be. There are two key factors that occurred right before this happened.
1- the gear changing mechanism, the piece that connects the pedal under your left foot with the actual engine to change gears broke so I had to ride my motorcycle in 4th gear for about 15 to 20 miles, not able to change gears, going from 0 to 60 or so many times.
------ this made me think something happened in the engine that needed to be fixed
2- my battery died and my bike was without a battery connection for approximately an hour to an hour and a half.
------ this made me think that the previous owner had put a tune on the bike and perhaps it had reset from the bike going without power. So i hooked my motorcycle up to TuneECU and tried about 15 different tunes with none of them bringing my bike up to the volume it previously was at.

I am getting a K&N air filter and new spark plugs to install this weekend, but I don't believe this will fix my problem. Oh it has a Mivv exhaust on there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure the performance is exactly the same. when I used tuneECU it shows how much power is coming from each cylinder, and they were all about the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No I wasn't using the baffle. I am going to take my exhaust off when I get home to make sure the neighborhood kids didn't put a ball or anything down there

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
I see your problem...it's a baby shit yellow bike!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Jealousy never sounded so good.

Together yall have like 20000 posts, y'all both just drop in on people's posts and write useless information, I don't know how you're still allowed on the website.

·
Registered
922 Posts
That's what this site is - lot's of useless tomfoolery, with little golden nuggets occasionally sprinkled in. I prefer all the bullshite honestly, which is why I spend my time here and not over at that other site.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Jealousy never sounded so good.

Together yall have like 20000 posts, y'all both just drop in on people's posts and write useless information, I don't know how you're still allowed on the website.
Whatchyou talkin' bout, Willis? By my lonesome I gots almost 30,000 posts. 20,000 is for amateurs. (Hells, I've made more than 20,000 helpful posts!)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I got a little nugget of gold, or it might just be the remnant of a corn kernel. I will have to take a close look in the toilet bowl to be sure.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Hello corn.

See ya tomorrow corn.:haha:

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Powerful is your schwartz, young padwan. But crude it still is. Much training you need.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts