Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been browsing the site for a couple months now while doing some research to strengthen my decision of attaching myself to a 2012 S3 ABS that the local dealer here has. I was convinced on the second visit to the site.

I'm coming from the world of supersports, more specifically GSX-R 600's and 750's. I've test driven the S3 and a Ducati Monster EVO 1100. S3 is the clear winner in my mind. Looking forward to posting some more, especially when the bike is in the garage and I get to fiddle with it and learn it like you people have. Been on other forums and the group here seems to be pretty solid.

:drink:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Welcome. Get some pics up when you bring her home. I hate hate hate the new headlights and exhaust. But that is a slight detraction from a otherwise glorious machine.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm actually indifferent to the headlights-the 2010 and under or the 2011 are both a good fit for the bike in my mind. I do however like the fact that the housing for the 2011 + headlight is black which was lacking from the 2010 and under.

As for the Monster EVO 1100; if it wasn't for my buddy having one, I'm not sure I would have had the opportunity to test one out. Still a fun bike tho don't get me. Just like the smoooooooth action of the inline 3 of the S3.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I can proudly say that I'm the father of a 2012 Speed Triple ABS. Pics will be up soon but I must warm you she is bone stock-meaning she still has that ugly sticking out. Bringing 'er home wasn't uneventful however... Died on me once, then pulled over and it started. Then shut it off a but later and wouldn't start up. Ended up limping it home. Not too concerned though since the bike has been sitting since late 2011 with the same battery and I don't think the dealer took care to charge it properly. We'll find out today.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Congrats! :drink:

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
nice bike. get yourself a flyscreen, tail tidy, pipe, tune, and you'll be set. oh yeah, get bags too. speedy likes adventures.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All that is coming plus the belly pan. Bags I got-Motocentric is what I swear by. Great bags and great service. Comp Werks GP is coming over the off season.

·
Registered
405 Posts
All that is coming plus the belly pan. Bags I got-Motocentric is what I swear by. Great bags and great service. Comp Werks GP is coming over the off season.
Get a red pinstripe on your wheels. I did it to mine and it looks good in my opinion.

I ended up putting the earlier style headlights on.

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
motocentric makes good stuff, and at very reasonable prices. I ended up spending the $$ on Bags Connection, they are pricey but top quality.

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Glad you got her home ok .. i'd be having a word with the shop you bought it from about the battery. Not good service letting a bike go with a dodgy battery.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad you got her home ok .. i'd be having a word with the shop you bought it from about the battery. Not good service letting a bike go with a dodgy battery.
Oh I did. Made them come get me and got the boss' phone number so if I determined that the battery was bad he would open the shop for me on the labour day weekend on his day off to swap the battery. Battery charged for 15 hours after coming home... And they said they charged it. Doubt it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts