Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all....

I am going to go by me a triple this Saturday ;D I have been talking to the dealer in Lynnwood, anybody dealt with them?

Nimh, hello if you see this, I noticed that you're from Marysville and deal with I 90 Motorsports, what are your opinions?

Last, I am gonna buy a 2007 whats the going rate? anybody know what the actual invoice is? I've heard this "setup fee" thing is b.s and figured as much, so i'm trying to figure out how much I can wheel n deal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey! Glad to hear you're going to make the plunge. Very Cool. I couldn't be happier with my Triple.

I've bought a new 98 Superhawk from the folks at Lynnwood Cyclebarn and frankly, it wasn't the best experience... I was young and excited to get my first new bike and during signing, the deal suddenly appeared to be more than $1,000 high. When I questioned them, the told me it was the cost of doing business and it was only setup and doc fees. I told them I was going to walk and we ended up less than half their "new and improved" markup. The deal was fair as the advertised price was already discounted (prior year's stock) but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. I guess I shoulda asked more questions, which I do now.

I have a number of coworkers that have had very similar experiences at LCB with crazy markup at signing. Watch them carefully and make sure you know the numbers going in. But, that was a few years back and I've heard they've changed management and are revising their business practices.

I-90 was dead nut simple. I walked in, and they kept throwing me keys to demo bikes. I thought I wanted a Sprint which was a great ride, returned to a waiting Daytona 675, and came back to the S3. I hadn't gone a block before I knew which one was perfect. I paid MSRP ($9999 at the time) and $300 for freight and setup plus tax. The Sprints were being discounted about a grand at that time - slower movers, but I couldn't find anybody locally doing similar deals with the Triple. I-90 definitely does not have the fit and finish that LCB has, but that works ok for me. I-90 will give you numbers over the phone happily. I had called them regarding the Sprint before driving down there and they were VERY straight shooters, giving me the total out the door price. It's worth a call at least.

If you can get a current year Triumph for near invoice price without paying setup, I'll buy dinner and beer for you the next time I go bike shopping for your help! ...and sorry for the ramble, I'm getting tired tonight.

Good luck! Are you buying that roulette green one that was there last week? :drink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
;DGlad to hear from you, thanks for the heads up, I gave LCB a deposit to start puttin the bike together so i ill go and check them out, but if they pull anything shady i'm rollin with my deposit right over to I90.

I kinda figured I wouldn't be able to get em down real low. I wouldn't feel ripped off if I got it for MSRP + tax, maybe more if they throw in some goodies. we'll see if i get a warm fuzzy feeling

so excited i can't sleep. ;D

BTW, i'm getting a black one

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Konban-wa
...and welcome aboard the good ship Filberto Macadamia. We're all nuts here!

Sorry to say I have no experience with either of those two dealerships. However I would say to take a close look at any dealership that tries to hide their setup fees. Dealerships don't make a lot of money on their bike sales, so the setup fee is one way of coming out in the black. If they're hiding it then they are probably trying to hit you with a bigger charge without you knowing it.

Most dealerships make the majority of their cash on service work and accessories. Since you know this, try to cut a deal on having the first services come out of their freight and setup. Tell them that if you're happy with the service, you'll come back for the second service.

If they won't deal with you, consider coming down to Portland and cutting a deal with Bob or Kelly at Cascade Moto Classics. I doubt you'll get them to come down on the price very much, but I assure you the experience will be pleasant enough to justify the trip.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well said, CM. I've heard good things about customer service at Cascade Moto Classics before too.

Good luck, Floggerjay - If they won't come down on the pricing at all, see if you can get them to throw in first service, a rear hugger or a fly screen. Just keep an eye on them.

Riding Speedy home from the dealership was one of the most memorable experiences ever. Enjoy, and as always...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts