Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I’m on the market for speed triple and came across one being sold locally. The owner is selling well maintained 2007 with between 60-70k miles. The owner had it listed for $5000 but we started negotiating at $4000. Would you pay this price for a bike with so many miles? How many miles is too many on these bikes?

Thanks!

· Registered
6,882 Posts
With 60-70 thousand miles that bike is worth no more than $500 to me. No matter how well it’s been maintained. But, everyone sees value in different things. I have an 06 with 22k. If I sold it I’d start at $5000 and be willing to settle on somewhere around 4-5k. But I have no interest in selling so I’m sorry for the light tease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

I’m on the market for speed triple and came across one being sold locally. The owner is selling well maintained 2007 with between 60-70k miles. The owner had it listed for $5000 but we started negotiating at $4000. Would you pay this price for a bike with so many miles? How many miles is too many on these bikes?

Thanks!
I live in Illinois and I just drove 100 miles to Wisconsin just to buy a 07 Speed Triple with 22000 miles $5300 out the door.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,

Thanks!
Thats a lot of miles. I have had 3 ST 05, 09, and currently a 2017 Speed triple S. I think you can find one Nationwide with much less miles for 5k. Transportation might be high now due to gas prices, but i think those miles and the age of the bike are cause of concern.

· Registered
7 Posts
If it helps, I JUST bought my very first bike after getting my motorcycle license. It's a 2005 Speed Triple and had about 14,500 miles on it. Really good shape. Well maintained, garage kept. Ended up paying $3800.

Of course now I'm having issues starting it, which led me to this website, where I'm finding that it seems to be a rather notorious issue...grrr

· Registered
1999 Trophy 1200, 2007 Speed Triple
12 Posts
Here's a search for all "speed triple" under $10k in USA and some Canada. It has some restrictions to strip out the spammers that pollute CL with a bunch of unwanted/irrelevant results. The only problem is you never get to find out how much they actually took when someone was waving cash in their face. I look at the results regularly, all you can really do is have one saved so you know what the listing was when it's suddenly deleted when it sells.

Last fall I paid $4800 for a 2007 with SC Project cans, sprockets/chain, a Power Commander V and a few other things to install included with 16,500 miles. Had to drive it 350 miles home (and tolls between Chicago and Cleveland are over $100, plus greyhound ticket etc). There was a 2006 asking $4300 19k miles local in Cleveland but he sold it before I got my act together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts