Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
man you gotta read that naked bike shootout thats getting around. (brutale, s3, aprilia, monster)
cant get any better than a speed triple... especially a black one!

actually i reakon those BMW r1200s haul ass !!! :hitit:
but again twice the price of speedy...

mongo

· Registered
470 Posts
I can understand that limey, the 1st few times I rode a twin, I just didn't appreciate them at all. But the more ya ride one, the more ya appreciate one. :violent1: ;D
[/quote]

You bin getting jiggy with your sister again Cheap - don't you have laws against that over there?? :D :D :laugh: :laugh:

· Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I see the transformers reference but I don't think it's any worse than instrument panel / bug eye "burt & ernie" look. I really like the rims, longer tail, shocks, seat. Never ridden a V twin before so I have no comparison. Definitely would need to test ride it 1st b/c I love my triple.

G

·
I very much like the Tuono tho it doesnt give me the naked feel. I wanna see the engine and not alot of plasticky bits allover it. It was also a bit to expensive and the S3 was a more reliable deal.

· Registered
38 Posts
Here's an import thing to consider with regards to Aprilias: SUPPORT.
I have heard that getting parts for Aprilias is just horrible. It takes months on end to get the parts needed.
What would you do? Sit at home all summer long with a ride you can't ride?
A good friend of mine, an MC mechanic, urged me to stay away from Aprilias.
Now I just look at them at the local dealer, view them as art pieces I will never own.

· Registered
17,244 Posts
Well, I would give that bitch a test ride this weekend, but I got a stink'n wedding to go to. :horse: :finger: A dealer about an hour away is new to selling Aprillia, and they are having a demo truck all weekend! I'd love to go thrash on one of those suckers, but I reckon I'll just drink my blues away at the wedding. :beer: :drink:

;D

· Registered
6 Posts
I thought about the Tuono before I bought the S3 but after some research went Triumph. I do like the looks of the aprillia but have heard that they have horrible customer and dealer support. My dealer used to carry them but dropped the line because they were a PITA.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
I want one too. And there's a well discounted '07 for sale here. But with the ball of my foot on the pegs, my heel hits the exhaust can. That could get ugly.

And yeah, they had some serious issues with parts availability in the U.S. at one time. Supposedly it's not so bad now. Dunno. Ain't gonna chance it (says the guy who waited three weeks for backordered fork bushings for a Triumph).

· Registered
79 Posts
R100Pilot said:
But with the ball of my foot on the pegs, my heel hits the exhaust can. That could get ugly.
Yes, your heel would contact the mid-pipe where it meets the can. But there's a neat-looking little heat-guard there that's intended to ward off any injury or melting rubber.

Parts availability really isn't an issue. My wife has the '07 RSVR Factory and we needed a new tail-section due to an unfortunate garage snafu. The dealership ordered it and we had it in our hands in a week.

· Registered
60 Posts
I haven't much liked the asthetic direction of Aprilia since 2004 with the redesign of the Mille. They have their quirks but for the most part are quite reliable. Finding parts for the older bikes is also easier than the newer. Have an '02 Mille R with the Ohlins, OZ, carbon etc. Great bike but it's not that fun at slow speeds... geared tall and just wants to go go go.

I keep thinking about selling it to buy a S3 as I know it would be a better do it all bike but I would sure miss the suspension and brakes on the Aprilia.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.