Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to this whole scene and don't know much about forums. I am in the process of buying my first bike and thought this would be a good way to have some questions answered. I know some are probably thinking "What the hell are you doing buying a speed triple as your first bike?" but I cannot resist!!! I love this bike!!!! Some people have said don't do it others have said "...it depends!"

Well, I decided I'm going ahead with it and took a motorcycle safety course (...$350 bucks). Now I know this is the godd--n bike that I want!!!

Here are some questions that I am hoping this forum will help to answer:

The Bike: Triumph Speed Tripple
Miles: 2,700m
Dealer's asking price: $5000 US

Now, I have done a little bit of shopping around, and it seems like this price might be fair. "Kelly Blue Book" even quotes it to be more, $5,200 (I think). Now, I can't help but to feel like this is still a lot of cash for a bike that is 7 years old. I saw it in person and it "looked" to be in great shape. But I feel like it should at most...... $4000. How wrong am I?

Is it the miles? I know the miles are low. Is this why the bike is $5000?

Should I even be looking at this bike as a starter bike? I mean, I think it helps that I took the safety course, that I am 6'1'', and over 240lb (... I feel I'm pretty strong)

What other options do I have? Can I get a "later model" S3 for this amount of money ($5000)?

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
no...if you like the style...i am taking it you are lookin at an 2000 s3??

if you like the 05's style...you will probably not find it for that cheap

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Dealers asking price is the key...

Offer him $4k and negotiate from there... And FUCK KBB... If your bike gets wasted insurance does NOT go by KBB (at least am-fam doesn't) Find out what NADA guide prices the bike at. That is closer to the real value.

$3970 = average retail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.