Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
I'm going on a week without one. I quit for 2 years and started up again a few months ago like a dumb-ass :loser:. Now I'm trying to stop before I get smoking regularly again. I've been chewing the fuck out of some gum to help. I think my jaw is going to fall off. :d:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
It does get better, I swear. It's been over five years since my last smoke, and it was really only bad for the first month. I ate a bunch more than normal, gained a few pounds, but then started exercising for the endorphin high - a pretty good alternative. I'm now fifteen pounds lighter than I was then, and pretty damn fit. Keep at it - remember that while the urge to light up comes too goddamn often, it always lasts less than five minutes...just make it thru that five minutes!

Good luck, mate.

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
I want to support everyone who's quitting. I've never smoked, and I feel it's a nasty habit that I just hate being around. I know it's hard to quit though.

So anybody who manages to quit, you are super cool.

Have one on me. :beer:

Heck have four or five. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its real hard to quit but I'm gonna do it, I feel ten times better already.
I found the treadmilll under pile of clothes last night, put it in front of the TV, gotta lose 20+ lbs also. I figured 20lbs will be the same as spending $2k in speedy mods for more performance. ;D

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm going on 5.5 years myself. +1 on the exercise, I think it accellerates the healing process and makes improvements more noticeable too. I had to give up drinking too for a while, but now I have no cravings whatsoever, even when I am on a bender. It's the hardest thing I've done but definitely worth it, both physically and financially.

It gets easier. Don't throw away the progress you've already made. :horse: :horse: :horse:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
crashmasterd said:
I want to support everyone who's quitting. I've never smoked, and I feel it's a nasty habit that I just hate being around. I know it's hard to quit though.

So anybody who manages to quit, you are super cool.

Have one on me. :beer:

Heck have four or five. :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
AGREE..... ALL the way BEST OF LUCK GUYS

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Never smoked....but its all economics in my mind....figure that a pack of cigs run what...about $2.50-$3.00...how much ya smoke a day..lets say half a pack...so...in a year you spend $456.25 - $547.50....now...thats roughly $550 if you smoke half a pack a day......what else could ya do with that money?? yea...thats right :horse: :smitty: :smitty: :squid: :squid: :lh: :violent1:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Don't cheat, but if you do, dont' stop quitting. I quit a while ago - whole process took a long time but now I could give a blank about smokes.

In fact, pretty soon you'll be looking at chicks who smoke and actually debate whether its worth hitting on them! You can also hit on them with the smug attitude of someone who doesn't anymore. :smiley-asskiss:

don't give up, you can do it!

·
Premium Member
6,770 Posts
cheap said i was a dumb fuc, and said to come here to tell you to good luck...hang in there bro...stay away from those **** :gayaway: ...i mean cigs....

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Woo hoo! A tobacco thread! Limey, I'd say I feel yer pain, but I don't. I don't even keep track of how much I smoke, on accounta I roll my own. No additives, no preservatives, just pure tar and nicotene.

Another bonus is the look on people's faces when they bum a cigarette, the leeches. The first drag usually knocks 'em over. Good stuff.

If ya don't wanna smoke, good fer you, but y'know what? Ridin' motorcycles is risky too. I ain't quittin' that either. A friend of mine insists I have a death wish, but I prefer to call it an I'd-rather-enjoy-my-short-life wish.

I wish ya all the best. I've heard the first week is the worst, so you're well on your way.

But if you become one o' them sanctimonious ex-smoker tsk-tsk sons-o-bitches who wanna pass laws tellin' me I can't smoke in my own house, I'm gonna come down there an' spraypaint yer bike yeller. :beer:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think smoking, for me anyway, is a guaranteed heart attack, my dad had his first at 54, smoked up until then, I'm 43 Time to stop even tho I really liked it. :slap:

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
limey said:
I think smoking, for me anyway, is a guaranteed heart attack, my dad had his first at 54, smoked up until then, I'm 43 Time to stop even tho I really liked it. :slap:
Way to go Limey. Its 5845 days for me......hang in there....it gets easier after the first 5000 days!

Seriously though you just added years to your life, and in about 2 weeks you'll start to feel healthier.

·
Registered
817 Posts
DocPup said:
Never smoked....but its all economics in my mind....figure that a pack of cigs run what...about $2.50-$3.00...how much ya smoke a day..lets say half a pack...so...in a year you spend $456.25 - $547.50....now...thats roughly $550 if you smoke half a pack a day......what else could ya do with that money?? yea...thats right :horse: :smitty: :smitty: :squid: :squid: :lh: :violent1:
Holy shit where are you? I pay almost $7 a pack.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.