Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today i was riding home from school, and that little noise went from a little noise to a noticeable mechanical problem, i couldn't tell you exactly, but when you work with heavy machines, you just know when they ain't right.. i've been having trouble shifting, and now it's a thwackity rattle.... immediatly rode it to the dealer, two day's earlier than my appointment. dropped it off and when i went to leave, i saw that while sitting outside, it had pissed a good deal of coolant from the overflow tube.... we'll see what's wrong when they tear it apart.
i really babied it this time, it seems 4k miles is the magic number for me.... two engines in 8k? lemon law?????

ps, my dealer is a bunch of really great people, so please don't bring em up...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheapbastard said:
dang jr, you have some seriously bad luck!
:horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:

really???

and no, when i dropped it off nobody that had the authority to give me a loaner was working, but i'm going to ask for one today.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
see devious you should actually hire me to be your road tester,,,, if it can withstand me, it can withstand damn near anybody...

i really don't understand why this happened this time, i was being really nice to this engine

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
It may just be dumb luck. All of it bad.

And then again, some people can break an anvil with a rubber mallet. :violent1:

Either way, you are not getting close to my Speedy. ;D

G

·
do you go to manayunk triumph? thats where i got my old bonnie. good people who delivered the bike 40 miles to my house cause it was my first bike and a ride home on the turnpike was not something i was ready to attempt.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
jrussell6 said:
i really don't understand why this happened this time, i was being really nice to this engine
It may have been one of the lesser engines intended for a yellow bike you know!

Sorry man that really SUKS!(please don't ban me!) :horse: Hope your dealer gets things sorted quick for ya!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
milestogogreg said:
do you go to manayunk triumph? thats where i got my old bonnie. good people who delivered the bike 40 miles to my house cause it was my first bike and a ride home on the turnpike was not something i was ready to attempt.
i really don't want to discuss the dealer, manayunk is a great place with great people, buzz and chris and tom are all amazing people, and would like to not discuss them. any problems i'm having are not they're fault, but triumph corperates.

ps,, after speaking with an attorney, they are pursueing a federal lemon law suit,, said i should receive a settlement in 4months to a year and i don't know if it's true or not, but the attorney said that they have been getting alot of cases against triumph as of late and so far triumph has just been writeing out settlement checks left and right. he said i should have contacted them about the first engine, and that because it was in the shop for over a month it already qualified.

G

·
i wasnt trying to knock a dealership. if the bikes got problems its a triumph issue and its good to hear that triupmh will take care of it. if they ship out bum bikes they should take responsibility.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
milestogogreg said:
i wasnt trying to knock a dealership. if the bikes got problems its a triumph issue and its good to hear that triupmh will take care of it. if they ship out bum bikes they should take responsibility.
yeah, definately, we'll see, that's awesome that they brought you your bike.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
J-Pip said:
I'm a little in the dark on your little noise......
see, that's how it's supposed to be, i only turn on the lights after i make my little noise, you'll know then....
:jerkoff:

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
cheapbastard said:
Devious2xs said:
Either way, you are not getting close to my Speedy. ;D
+1 ;D
+2 :tongue2:

So JR, if you get a payout what are you going to replace speedy with???

:popcorn:

AA

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
+2 :tongue2:

So JR, if you get a payout what are you going to replace speedy with???

:popcorn:

AA
[/quote]

i think your just tryin to start a fire over here 8). but to be honest, i dont' know, maybe a brand new speedy, maybe a hardley. maybe a ktm motard. I think alot of it will be based around my desire to travel around the country when i graduate. I don't plan on having much more than a large backpack, and although one could tour on a motard, i'm not sure it's the ideal bike for that. I"m not into the beemer crowd or price, i'm not into the ducati service schedule, i'm not into the jap harley look alikes, but if i were looking at a cruiser, two have my particular interest, a black denim night train, with blacked pipes and black wrap, or the matte green/black nightster. I don't like the length of the night train, but i prefer the engine, and vice a versa. I love the way the nightster looks, i just wish i could have the night train's engine in it. But then again, i may fix speedy and keep it, planning my trip around america going from one dealership to the next.

I think i will always look forward to the time when i will be able to afford getting on a track, with the way i ride, i shouldn't be on the street on a sportbike, someday, i'll have myself a nice sportbike, and make sweet love to a track. but i can't afford it right now, and i can't afford the tickets. and honestlly, the past little while of riding, i have enacted some serious self-control, and it's a little bit of a tease, I"ld rather have a bike that just flat out doesn't behave that way, and won't encourage me to do wheelies down broad street in mid-day.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Nah, no fire starting mate. I don't even know how to rub 2 sticks together. :)

I know where you're coming from with the hooliganism.
I can see a black T100 bonnie or possibly a heavily modified scrambler in my future, but I will need a track bike.

I'm actually considering an old TZ250 or RD250 for vintage racing.
RG250 Suzukis are cheap and fun to ride.

Whatever bike you get, I'm sure you will assist the engine development department. ::) :-X :laugh:

AA

1 - 19 of 19 Posts