Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 2008 speed triple w/ 9,000 on it, that was barely ridden. got a great deal on it and had it shipped from CT to PA for $240 (uShip - The Online Shipping Marketplace - Ship Freight, Furniture, Cars or Moves is incredible if you haven't heard of it). Anyway, i'm starting to mod the bike. It already has a arrow full gp exhaust, carbon fiber fenders, underbelly, etc. I already ordered a RG tail tidy kit to get ride of the monstrosity hanging off the back, a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2s and some frame sliders, and i'm looking for a solution for the rear turn signals since i'll be back there anyway when i do the tail tidy.

Do you think its worth it to go with an integrated tailight? I've been reading through some threads and i think it look real smooth. Did anyone get a integrated tail light that has any quality feedback? I realize i could get aftermarket turn signals that would look fine and for probably 1/4th of the cost, but i like the look.

There were two i was looking at:

Moto Dynamics

08 12 Triumph Street Speed Triple Integrated Signal LED Tail Light Smoked | eBay

Comp Werks

Competition Werkes Light Werkes Integrated Taillights for Speed Triple 08-12 (Closeout) - Taillights, Lighting & LEDs - Street Parts - SoloMotoParts.com - Motorcycle Parts, Accessories and Gear

Any suggestions are appreciated. Also looking to replace the mirrors, get daytona 675 passenger pegs, possibly fat bars with risers.

1.JPG 2.JPG

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Before you go integrated check your state's laws regarding directional placement. I know in Massachusetts they won't give you an inspection sticker unless they are a certain # of inches apart, pretty much sticking it to folks that have the one piece units.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
It can't be real MadDoc kit then, you must have got ahold of a shitty knock off from Punjab..

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
rizoma makes a nice tail tidy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was looking at bar end mirrors.....but in the back of my mind, i'm wondering if they'll ever get it the way. Do you have bar end mirrors or something else? I'm all ears.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
CRG mounted right inside the switch gear..you can see under your arms.

·
Registered
479 Posts
That's a nice clean tail. Never understood why people cover their licence plates when posting pictures...hundreds of people see it whenever you drive it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I was looking at bar end mirrors.....but in the back of my mind, i'm wondering if they'll ever get it the way. Do you have bar end mirrors or something else? I'm all ears.
I have the Triumph bar end mirrors, which are very similar to the Rizoma's and some of the Chinese copies. They don't get in the way, unless you're wearing really big chunky winter gloves but once your hands are settled on the bars, they're fine. I've stayed with them as they don't add extra width to the bars like CRG's, which is good when filtering through traffic

·
Registered
82 Posts
That MadDoctor kit is pretty nice. Mine has served me well. Except that the right blinker has gone out twice before. And the wires around the hinges have a tendency to strip themselves (hookers stripping? sure; wires stripping? not so good). And it wasn't cut well, so it's a bit of a bitch to put on and take off from the tail whenever I need to repair the goddamn thing. And the lenses fog up because for some retarded reason it isn't weather-proofed properly.

But it sure is pretty, though.

·
Registered
12,395 Posts
That MadDoctor kit is pretty nice. Mine has served me well. Except that the right blinker has gone out twice before. And the wires around the hinges have a tendency to strip themselves (hookers stripping? sure; wires stripping? not so good). And it wasn't cut well, so it's a bit of a bitch to put on and take off from the tail whenever I need to repair the goddamn thing. And the lenses fog up because for some retarded reason it isn't weather-proofed properly.

But it sure is pretty, though.
So what you are saying is other than the poor design, poor materials, poor workmanship, and poor performance, it's pretty nice?

makes sense.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i have the comp werkes integrated light with the r&g tail tidy. love the look. it is super clear. and the holes on the r&g are easily plugged for $1 and a trip to lowes. i also have crg mirrors and apex adjustable rise clipons. would recommend any of it greatly.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts