Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally managed to the CRM pipes fitted. Started her up with the stock tune, and it sounded sweeeet!

Decided to load the 20128 tune from tuneboy, and now the f'ing bike won't start. The engine malfunction light stays on.

The download seemed to work ok, and yes the cut-0ut is in the run position.

Any advice appreciated..

Thanks,
JG

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, so I went back to give it another go at starting after waiting about 30 mins, and low and behold she starts!!

Does anyone know why there is a delay between downloading a new tune, and when the bike will start??

Thanks,
JG

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Is the check MIL still on? Even if not I would still hook up TuneBoy again and look for codes. You might want to try loading the tune all over again. Definitely should start right up after the down load finishes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm an idiot :wtf:

It wasn't starting, cause I'd removed the fuse for the headlights - I didn't realise this would affect the bike starting, but I guess it's a safety measure, to prevent people riding without lights...

Man I feel like a :loser:

I worked it out when I ran through the whole procedure again this evening, attempting to start the bike at each step in the process - it wouldn't start when I pulled the fuse.

Anyway, i loaded this new tune from Wayne @ Tuneboy (20128TuneIgnMod.dat)

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
Okay, let me explain how things work around here... When you do something stupid like that you don't just blurt it out to everybody. You're supposed to rearrange the events so that it makes you sound like a genius.

OR just lie. Everyone else here does.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Oh yeah -

I learned about this little interlock prepping the bike for a track day - pull headlight fuse, bike no start. Good work retracing you steps there, tho - most people would just throw a fit, talk some shit about Triumphs and Triumph dealers all over this and the other sites, then claim the ECU was replaced under warranty and that fixed the "problem."

This one's for you: :drink: :beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.