The Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone,
Name is James and I am a speed triple owner.
I bought my 2009 about a year ago and have enjoyed it but have found it to be very different than the bike that caused my love affair with Triumph, my 07 Daytona, that bike was amazing. I loved everything about it and when I sold it years ago I regretted it and still do. I found the bike I have now on market place and got a good deal on it but the owner before me dropped it and did some cheap repairs, I feel this is why Im not as in love with this one as the last one. I am slowly replacing the cheap stuff for better and fixing what he broke or neglected as I go. Yesterday I found he had fully maxed out all the suspension adjustments, preload, rebound, and compression. I had no static sag at all and it was a very rough ride. So i have a list of things to go over, any inputs would be appreciated as well for things to check and go over.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey James! Welcome to the forums. Lots of info here. I have a 2010 so pretty much the same bike. Do the typical fluid replacements, oil, brake fluid, coolant, and pads. Check the wiring under the clamp near the right side of the steering head. If too tight it can pinch and stress the wires as they move back and forth. Very common to have breaks there. I've experienced it first hand. I just took the damn thing off. Stators can go bad and a common upgrade is to replace the regulator/recitifier with a series type, SH847. Keep your battery topped off or just ride reqularly so the sprag clutch isn't straining from lower voltages when trying to start the bike. Other than that these bikes are awesome. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts