Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 S3, too much money poured in, and it is only going to get worse as the years go on. Eventually want to do a supercharger or turbo, but that'll wait until the bike and the WRX STI are all paid off.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heh, none at all suprisingly enough. The T595/T509 tail and subframe fit right up. The only thing that was off is there is a minor gap between the tank and side panels where it meets the seat, and the bolts for the side panels in the front were off about a half inch so I slotted em.

I'm getting a spare tail and tank painted flat black and I'm having my buddy just plastic weld the front holes smooth since the T595 tail is a LOT tighter fitting up front, I didn't really even need bolts there on the silver tail, and if I do for the spare, I'll just drill new holes exactly where I need em.

Oh, and just for reference, the new 1050 tail and tank are a direct fit to the 02-04 speed triple as well... Same frame is used throughout it seems, hehe.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've finished the repaint on my spare bodywork and will have new pics posted this week I hope! Looks badass in the semi-flat/satin black. Hoping to do red coolant hoses and clear or blue for my other hoses to add a little flair to the darkness.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BACK IN BLACK! Custom carbon fiber and aluminum bodywork coming this summer as I experiment and produce bits.

G

·
Oh, and just for reference, the new 1050 tail and tank are a direct fit to the 02-04 speed triple as well... Same frame is used throughout it seems, hehe.
Does that mean I could change may 06 to use the sweet split sweet look of an 04? I would need the seats, frame and plastics, anything else (do I need to change the tank?).....If so Ebay will become my best friend =)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wow, and does anybody know if there would be any significant gaps if i swapped out my tank with the 05/06?

That's great info, Kuhlka!.

Capt.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gaps possible if you've got mismatched bodywork like my 03 tank and 00 tail. The gaps on mine aren't really noticeable unless you're up close and looking for it though. Hey, if you do the swap, make sure to post up pics and a how-to!

Jackal, if you want an 03 tail section, subframe, stock light, and other bits to do the conversion, I could sell you my stock bits for cheap. The tail plastic has a broken tab, but I fixed that by using an aluminum plate and bolts. I think I've even got the stock front seat. No tail cowl or rear seat though. I'd sell it all for $100 just to have it out the door and clear up some garage space.

All you'd need then is a tail cowl or rear seat, undertail (I can give you my chopped battery box for free until you find one on ebay or go with an ermax), bolts (tastybolts.com), and a tail tidy kit. I'd recommend finding an undertail on ebay though.

G

·
I will take everything including the chopped box because who knows how long until it is posted on ebay. I sent you a PM but not sure if it worked since nothing is showing in my outbox. I have also sent you an email. Just respond letting me know how to pay, paypal works for me....

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, lemme get everything sorted in the garage and find a box it'll fit in so I can give you a price for USPS, then paypal works great. My email is kuhlka at kuhlka dot net. I'll post back up on here when I get everything sorted.

For anyone who uses IM;

yahooIM - kuhlka
AOLAIM - kuhlkax
msn - kuhlka at hotmail.com (just put the @ instead of 'at')
icq - 6797349

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Special thanks go out to Steve at Racecomp (USD swap help and parts, carbon bits), Steve Larson of Zard/Hyperpro USA (full Zard system, Dampener & Rear Shock to come...), lots of research on t595.net for tech data and how-to's, PJ's Parts for the Braking Wave Rotors!, Corbin (worlds more comfy than that stock plank and not to mention custom carbon-effect weave covering), and everyone on triumphRAT.net and thespeedtriple.com who have helped with advice, troubleshooting, and support these past 3 years. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
That looks like one tuff bike mate, well done.... I do like the screen. I think it would look good in carbon!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work and thanks for the rap..... :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'd love to have a copy or two in carbon... I don't know that Puig makes this fairing anymore as I had one hell of a time finding it anywhere online.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Very nice. My kids will prevent me from doing all of the mods I'd like to do. Fun to watch others though. Thanks for allowing us to watch the progression of your project man.

G

·
The more I look the more I like. That ride is pure evil with a fun twist...everything flows well. Ahh, reminds me to save up for more mods.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts