Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey sll.

Just thought I'd post my results after getting my ass in gear and converting my yellow halogen headlights to LED.

The first photo is the stock headlight on the photo left and Narva halogen Sapphire 50 which is 5000k on the right.

I didn't really like the Narva Sapphire and wanted a whiter light so I looked into a few brands but decided to try the NARVA Surefit which has a colour temp of 5700k.

I haven't tried them at night so can't comment about light throw and spread.

I personally like the brand Phillips so would like to know if they have a compact LED which will fit the 2011 speed triple headlight bucket. I'll call them and see what they have available.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hey Bad Santa.

Yes. The Narva Surefit LED H4 is a direct replacement for the H4 Halogen globe. The surefit LED doesn't have the heatsink on the back. There are no issues with fitting these as they are same length as the halogen H4 and no heatsink.

I tried the Narva Performance LED H4 and the heatsink is just a touch too big to fit in the bucket so I had to get a refund and buy the NARVA Surefit.

Another good LED globe is the Bevinsee. I've seen these on a bike and they also look great.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Thanks for the info. The LED globes with the heat sink on the back have had me wary and uncertain as to whether they'd fit, and as such have not bothered. I appreciate you taking the plunge and trying it out. 👍🏽🍻

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure if other brands with the heatsink fit but the Narva definitely don't. The "compact" LED are the ones to go for. Let us know how you go.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Silverslk....ive got LEDs in my 06 which i find are great and low power consumption.
My VW gti has projector lamps for low beam only and convertional spot type lenses for high beam....i dont think i'd want the projectors as my only lamps...it might be a case of style over function

·
Registered
3 Posts
Silverslk....ive got LEDs in my 06 which i find are great and low power consumption.
My VW gti has projector lamps for low beam only and convertional spot type lenses for high beam....i dont think i'd want the projectors as my only lamps...it might be a case of style over function
I have a spare headlight assembly over at a friend who does headlight retrofitting as a business. He is looking to fit high/low projectors to both sides or a high/low projector on one side and an off-road type of light on one side for high beam only. Either way, it'll be an improvement for safety not style. I have done similar to a zx10 I had as the factory lighting was not so great either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts