Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the deal with getting loaners from your dealer? I've heard about it, but have any of you ever got one?

Is it a special service that the dealer offers you, if they offer it? Or is this a service by the bike manufacturer? How does one get a loaner?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
It has been a long time since I have gotten a loaner (or had service work done), but it is up to the dealer - IF they offer it.

G

·
My Triple is in right now because the speedo is going wacky and they gave me a Sprint. Manayunk Triumph in Philadelphia is awesome!

Steve

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I had a Bonnie for a couple of weeks, about the only devent thing about my local shop. I think they have the loaners cuz it takes em forever to do any work.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do ya usually have to pay for it? I'm calling them tomorrow and ask about this, because I'm really fucked without a bike.

·
Registered
893 Posts
premier said:
Do ya usually have to pay for it? I'm calling them tomorrow and ask about this, because I'm really fucked without a bike.
Is your bike still under warranty? That might give you some leverage.

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
Loaners? I'd be happy if my dealer didn't take 3 weeks to look at my bike.

·
Registered
487 Posts
spacinelli said:
My Triple is in right now because the speedo is going wacky and they gave me a Sprint. Manayunk Triumph in Philadelphia is awesome!

Steve
i find that hugely interesting, my triple has been there for over 2 months with a shot connecting rod bearing, and i was told that they couldn't "afford to give out loaners during this time of year" and that they couldn't get to my bike till mid june,,, i guess your speedo takes presidence over my engine, looks like i'll be makeing a salty phone call on tuesday, just out of question, when did you take your bike in? and for the record, although they are all cool guys, my experience with them as a dealership leads me the realization i will never buy another triumph.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK. So my dealer gave me a Sprint RS 995i for a loaner. Not my idea of a fun bike, but it gets me from A to B :jerkit:

·
Registered
33 Posts
The guys at RPM cycle give me a loaner, Tiger usually, everytime I get something done on it. I've taken it in for the first checkup and then to get some LED turn signals put on. Laid back and cool guys.

G

·
Hey jrussell6,

It has been there for 2 weeks now because of the speedo, but this was actually the second incident. It was there for 2 weeks before that too because a rock put a hole in my radiator. On my way home from the radiator incident, the speedo thing started happening and I drove it right back.

I stopped in the other day with the Sprint and asked them if they wanted me to take something else since I had it for awhile and they said they had nothing else to give me....I am assuming that's why they told you that??

This is my second bike with them and I never had any problems with the first one so I am hoping these are random incidents for my Triple.

Steve

·
Registered
19 Posts
My local dealer, being the bestest in the world, always seem to give me a choice, unless demo's are booked. Decided on the Rocket a couple of weeks ago when my 6000 mile service was being done.....Scared the hell out of me and only being 5'10 looked like I'd stolen me dad's bike! Couldn't get the grin off me face for ages.......'kin awsome machine!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Most dealers seem to be very willing to give out one of their test fleet for a 1/2 day service time, but I have never got any rides for anything longer than that.

Come to think of it I have never asked either. The only major service I have had was done during hibernation season, so I have not had any need for a longer term loaner anyway.

G

·
jrussell6 said:
spacinelli said:

Steve
i find that hugely interesting, my triple has been there for over 2 months with a shot connecting rod bearing, and i was told that they couldn't "afford to give out loaners during this time of year" and that they couldn't get to my bike till mid june,,, i guess your speedo takes presidence over my engine, looks like i'll be makeing a salty phone call on tuesday, just out of question, when did you take your bike in? and for the record, although they are all cool guys, my experience with them as a dealership leads me the realization i will never buy another triumph.
A dealer mistreating you isn't a fair reason to disown a brand.

If you got treated poorly at a grocery store for trying to return a rotten fruit, would you never buy that type of fruit again, or just move to a different grocery store?

G

·
My dealer (Moto Arena at Nerang) went as far as to give me a loaner while they weren't even working on my bike. I had a car decide it was a good idea to park in the right (fast) lane of the freeway on a corner and I hit him at 100km/h on my S3. I ordered parts from a mate in the UK to save cash and had the bike off the road in my garage waiting for the parts to turn up.

They heard I was bikeless and the Triumph rally was coming up so they called me out of the blue and loaned me a Spring RS for the two days of the rally. Just one example of the amazing service these guys offer and the reason I'll definitely be buying my new S3 there when I get the cash sorted. You've got to support businesses that haven't forgotten what customer service is all about.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Manayunk in Philly has been good to me, I've been given a thruxton, bonneville (twice) and a Rocket for about a week or so. Enjoyed them all.

·
Registered
255 Posts
When I was having the Arrow tune installed at the dealer (Clinton Cycles, MD) today, they told me if I ever brought my bike in for service they would give me a loaner.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts