Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped in one of the local Dallas area Triumph dealers yesterday on my lunch hour and asked what they thought about the new flat colors being reported. They said under no uncertain terms and with complete authority..."that isn't being done. Somebody lied to you." And didn't even really want to give me the benefit of the doubt and pretty much looked down their collective noses at me.

So, of course, I logged their computer on to TST.com and showed them. I guess even Triumph dealers can be ignorant of Triumph...especially when they're trying to sell BMW, Ducati, Husq, and MVAugusta also.

Afterward I drove over to the new Ducati Boutique dealership on the west side of downtown Dallas. (yes I know, this turned into a lunch hour"s"), where I had an entertaining discussion with an Englishman (or a guy that was pretty good with the accent, except I think he was real because he had really bad teeth :-\). He proceeded to tell me he was VERY familiar with my Speed Triple, being English and all that shit, and the new Ducati S4RS would just ride circles around it. Oh really, doesn't seem to me to be true according to all the literature, but I guess his English accent was supposed to throw me off course and cloud my judgement. This guy argued everything I said. I even complemented one of the Ducatis in the store, and he "one upped" me by pointing out that particular model's faults!!?? Oh well, so much for the upscale boutique motorcycle shop having a higher grade of sales personnel who knows how to cultivate a buyer.

I admit to you brothers, I did lust for a moment over several of the Ducatis in the store. They had every single model. Shit loads of red paint everwhere. I gotta say, they are pretty, but they dont say "get on me and Ride ME" like a Triumph does. And I'm not the most brand loyal person in the world, believe me, I'll ride any damn thing with wheels.

It's like I wanted to like them, the world says I should, but I'm getting no woody looking at them.

That's all I got....

later,kjazz

ps. Ducati engines are fugly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
kjazz,
I know what you are talking about the Ducati boutique dealership. I went there before I bought my S3 (I was riding a Tiger at that time) during the unveiling of the 1098. They had several demos and I wanted to try the S4... well, the only one available they had was the 675 monster. I did not even want to go there... I am not sure how can someone buy a bike just on faith, without a test ride... well, a few weeks later I tested the S3 in two different dealership and was a done deal.
My turn off with the monster is that you see them everywhere... basically unchanged look from the mid 90's... and of course, they are very pricey :horse:

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Folks around my parts are alot more polarized. You are pretty much either HD, or everybody else. As a matter of fact, i have Never seen another Triumph or Ducati anywhere around here. The HD dealership in Bay City used to sell Triumph but no more. There was a Japanese brand dealership across town that used to sell Ducati but could'nt muster the factory required ten units sold per year.

My nearest dealership of either brand are about 70-80 miles away, almost next to each other. Triumph sells Triumph only and the duc dealer also sells MV Augusta. I hate to say it but if ya just want to talk about all things bikes the duc dealer is more receptive to shootin the shit. The trumpet dealership is all business, get in, get your shit, get out. Which is ok too.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
kjazz said:
I think he was real because he had really bad teeth :-\).
Hey!!!!!!! Being English myself I take offense at that comment :twofinger:!!! Although there is a certain amount of truth to it!!!! However, living 7 miles from West Virginia, I say with authority they have everyone beat!!

Sorry for that other Englishman being a complete wanker! And yeah, yeah, before all our Australian brothers say it ".....aren't all poms (Englishmen) wankers!!" To which I reply "only to dirty convicts and colonials!" :fingure:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry Limebone. I really should say I have the utmost respect for our (my) Anglican brothers. I worked with and for them and they are good guys always.

I was just poking fun. Like you said, though, there seems to be a lack of dental care "over there" or something.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
No offense taken, I was just having a laugh, hoppefully I didn't piss any of the Aussies off!! ;D

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Why are British teeth so bad anyway? :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Mine got all busted up playing rugby and getting involved in pub brawls!!!! :violent1: :beer::violent1: :beer::violent1: :beer::violent1:

·
Registered
11,735 Posts
Dang Limebone....I was gonna come over there and sort you out after that "dirty convicts" thing, but maybe I'll just say..."no offense taken".....ya pommy bastard! :fingure:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Dammit.... I was hoping for a Pommy/Convict war.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
smashtime said:
Dammit.... I was hoping for a Pommy/Convict war.
Put 'em in the same room for a couple of hours, supply plenty of beer, and just wait....... ;)

G

·
You're just bitter about the people you kicked out of your country kicking your arse at everything Limey. Moto GP, cricket, rugby, swimming.... Do I need to keep going? :twofinger:
Phil

1 - 20 of 35 Posts