Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to trade 2009 tiger 1050 ABS for "new shape" speedy. North East UK.

Hi all,
I know it's not great form to make my first post here in the for sale/wanted but I don't have a speedy yet!

I'm looking for a new shape speedy to trade to someone who might like a VCG Tiger 1050 ABS in black with 4800 miles.
I have quite a few options etc that I'm looking to sell seperately. Hagon shock, centre stand, BNIB Triumph luggage (2 LHS panniers though!) Rear rack (carrier) unless it fits the speedy! TOR can.
It currently has a Triumph/datatool alarm but if this fits the new speedy it will NOT be included in the sale unless the new speedy also comes with a top notch alarm.

I'm looking for a new shape speedy, I MUCH prefer the look of the old shape but it's about the ride for me and here I think the new one is better. (I have a friend of a friend who has a mint gorgeous 10 plate SE old shape I can get for very good money with a known history if I want one, so please no older style offers, if I was going to buy an older style, I'd buy his)

I'd consider any colour but preference in this order, best black, then white, then red.
I'd rather have a STD I think but would consider an "R" if it was super cheap.
Flyscreen would be strongly preferred but not too bothered about other stuff.

I live in the North East of England and would expect to meet my fellow swapper in person, either at my place or theirs and would want to take a piccie of him/her for security and would be happy for them to do the same. Any references from other forums, ebay user names etc would also be happily provided and requested.

Obviously, proof of outright ownership would also be required/provided.

If interested please PM in the first instance or ring my shop where I can be contacted most days though I am on holiday until Wednesday this week (19th Sept)
shop numbers are
0191 2510541
0191 2516080
Monkseaton Computers | Desktop & Laptop Repairs | Malware & Virus Removal | Accessories & Peripherals

Cheers David.

G

·
I think he's angry you want the new style Speed Triple I have a feeling lots of us would jump at your offer if you included the 05's-2010. I know I would consider it.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Fûck you Dave.

(Just because I like to be part of the crowd. Hope you find the deal you're looking for.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not being a speedy owner (yet!) I'm obviously new to the forum so Joe's reply was a bit err... surprising! :) though no offence taken if none were intended!

2doggs,
I love the look of the older bike, quite a lot more that the newer one but it seems the two are different beasts geometrically and no amount of money thrown at the suspension is gonna give the old bike the legs of the new one.
Bizarely I think the new bike might grow into it's looks as time goes by, I certainly think the old one did.
Couldn't do you a deal anyway fella I'm 5000 miles from you in cold wet blighty!
Cheers for the friendly reply though :)
D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2doggs,
Why would anyone be angry that I'm in the UK?
The roads are wa nk, taxes are through the roof and petrol is over six quid a gallon! ($10)
Unless he doesn't like the English, in which case I agree.
D

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
You don't need a Speed Triple to abuse people around here! I don't. (Street Triple is actually better. I don't care what any of these cûnts say.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha,
Understood.
Would have a street if it weren't for me and mrs maddog being a bit on the err, fakin' massive side!
Besides, grunt is the new power!

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
I loved my Speed Triple, make no mistake. But I like the Street even more. The Speed was a water buffalo in comparison. Just heavy and waddly. Supposedly the new ones are better, but I sat on one right next to the Street and it still felt like a pig. I didn't get to ride it though. I found the Street to be a lot more comfortable too. OTOH, the most comfortable bike I ever sat on was a 2000 Tiger with a custom seat. Nize.

I wouldn't put a passenger on the back of the Street OR the Speed that didn't weigh less than seven stone soaking wet.

·
Registered
780 Posts
David your not in the land of Tiger1050 any longer.

Expect the abuse, if you don't get it worry.

:hdfu:

Tried to get them to add this smiley on the Tiger forum and got spanked.

Good luck on your swap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Indy,
It's a bit "gentlemans club" over there innit!
I was actually concerned because I was new that somebody thought I was some known troll or something!
Quite happy with the crack.
Love that smiley!
D

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
I need to rebuild that smilie so it says: "Harden the fûck up and RIDE!"

·
Registered
780 Posts
maddog7
Indy,
It's a bit "gentlemans club" over there innit!
I was actually concerned because I was new that somebody thought I was some known troll or something!
Quite happy with the crack.
Love that smiley!
D​
Compared to this place OH ya.

Had a bunch of these nuts show up last year for the GP. Great times.

They proceed to take a epic ride out west. Wish I had the time to go with them.

Maybe next time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts