Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at the mad doctor kit, looks da shit really! But does anybody know if there's a license plate light? I see the brake light and turnsignals.(duh) :slap: And it looks as if there is two small lights facing down towards the plate...does anybody know?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I have heard that they are kinda shoddy. Anybody confirm this? Something about moisture getting in and frying them?

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
i think he is wondering about a LICENSE PLATE LIGHT...not turn signals :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
shitty workmanship, yup Moisture behind the lense, yup shorting out for no reason when installed with loving care, yup

I know cause I have one, many alternatives don't see the doctor as one of them

Besides the brakelight can hardly be seen day or night.

Don't do it :slap:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Or this?

AA

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Yep. Mad doctor indicators leaked. And the build quality was really poor in general. They seem like plastic toys. Flimsy plastic casing, bad angle locking mechanism etc. Can recommend them to anyone and definitely wouldn't buy a whole FEK from them.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
thats sayin alot...considering in Florida, I am usually using
with all the cue-tips

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well sshhu....that thing looks BAD ASS! :pow:

I really dig the moto GP 800 look of the tail.....Hmm I don't tide much in the rain either....
I think maybe I have to get one....

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
no, the tail light is dim as hell. everyone tells me they can't see it in the day time. only one row of leds. only two clear leds on the plate, which is enough. if i had the money to replace it with something else i would. i have the whole fender elim kit with it. the fender is a piece of primed sheet-metel super thin that warps if you tighten the screws to tight. the stock harness from the mad doc had shitty connectors, so I up-graded to use factory style ones. Too much work for 240 bucks. I used epoxy paint on the sheet metel. i don't even feel i could sell mine, like i would be rippin someone off.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.