Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Gen Admission tix are the best and I was able to see any part of the track just by walking around...

Ducati Island is the best with the most bling for your eyes to wonder over...

Was even able to get a picture of the pits...

Just about every brand was represented with some wild stuff I'd never seen before. I also happened to stumble upon a vintage bike rally while I was walking out on Friday.

Best in show.

I then ran across the Harley XR1200 pits. They were running the Harley's after the MOTO GP race...

Crappy old scrambler that was having charging problems.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
That night, I had 25 people show up for my cookout. Hebrew National hotdogs, smoked ribs, smores... it was a good time!

Everyone that stayed with Mark and I received a "welcome to Indy" gift bag which included a Motorcycle Mag, some candy for the road, gum, playing cards, and a cigar.

We bought the world's biggest marshmallows for the smores... My eldest Chloe was diggin it!

Computer started acting up last night trying to upload photo's to photobucket... Will post Sat. and Sun. when I can.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
They didn't arrive until Saturday. Will post pics tonight if photobucket starts working for me...

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Not "official" as they have not made the announcement but a friend of mine is on the transportation committee for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and in their last meeting, they said that Moto GP was not going to renew the contract. IMS is now trying to get World Superbike or AMA Superbike to pick up a contract.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Hmmmm, interesting, VIR had a falling out with motorcycle racing at their venue too. $ is always at the bottom of the issue, but I wonder if the 2 wheeled community is being bumped for those with deeper pockets or the industry is just not able to justify small ROI in certain markets.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
So to continue the story of our Moto GP/Midwest Rally...

Saturday my buddy Scott on his Super Duke, Nathan riding Scott's FJR, Jarhead, and I thought a ride sounded better than spending another day at the track... So, we mounted up and road south to Spencer, IN and Bloomington, IN to get in some of Indiana's curvy back country roads. I didn't have my tank bag on so no riding pics but...

That evening, we waited for Cheap's entourage then headed downtown Indy for the Bikes on Meridian event. They estimate that 30,000 bikes showed up that evening. Everything and anything with two and three wheels showed up.

Cheap was looking hard for a second bike. I think he is in love!

Redbull girls were everywhere handing out drinks. And getting molested by 2ndChapter and Cheap.

We came across an old Harley chick that had 2ndChapter's face tattooed on her arm.

Exotic bikes were everywhere!

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
We got to the track around 10am Sunday after my wife made pancakes and I went through three pounds of bacon and 22 eggs with all the guys! 2ndChapter was instantly in his element...

There was a huge variety of vendors...

And then, Ducati Island...

I actually kinda like the Diavel!

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·
Then, I got to watch a MX bike do some crazy stuff!

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Got to see some strange stuff too...

Then I got a call from a friend who had suite passes and I went to see what they would be like... AMAZING!

My view of the track was spectacular!

The free beer and food was pretty good too!

Then there was a RedBull air show.

Got back to my seat and the view was still amazing!

All over, saw some cool stuff on the way out.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
My garage has never looked so good...

Last meal of the weekend was spaghetti that my wife and mother-in-law cooked while we were at the race.

Thanks for the memories guys!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Im gonna have to agree. For the little time I got to spend with these guys, makes me wanna do a bike rally next year. When is the next ECR? Oh and within 30 minutes of meeting 2nd Chapter, I turn around and his hand is covered in what looks like diarrhea and trying to get Doug to smell his hand. It turned out to be a melted Hershey's bar from in his bag. LOL

·
Registered
18,147 Posts
Jared, thanks again to you and Kate for everything buddy! And of course, Mark and Sue too! All you guys are great and are always more than welcome in NC! :drink:

161 - 180 of 185 Posts