Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to drop a note about mpg. There's been a lot of discussion over how some members get significantly better mileage than others. My computer has been indicating 47mpg for my 150 mile daily commute pretty consistently. After taking devi's advice, I started figuring it manually using the trip. I'm actually getting 43mpg. A difference of 8-9%. I still think that's pretty good considering I spend most of the commute at around 85mph

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
holy :poop:

thats alotta miles per day....

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
That doesn't explain why I get crap for milage. I'm a NICE guy, and ride that way.
:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

·
Registered
11,738 Posts
crashmasterd said:
That doesn't explain why I get crap for milage. I'm a NICE guy, and ride that way.
:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:
Crash, most of your fuel drains away when the bike is lying on its side..... :wave:

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
Hey John!

Thanks! :finger:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One other thing I noticed last week-- I didn't ride the bike for about 6 days straight and let it sit out in the sun. I had less than 50 miles on the trip the next time I started it, but the fuel light came on immediately after leaving the parking lot. I usually get around 145 miles to a tank. These suckers really seem to let a lot of fuel evaporate when they sit out in the sun.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Me too. I was getting 135 to the light coming on. Now Its on after 110 - 115. Cause ? Tuneboy and all the other tweeks that go with it.
Pre cat out, header mods etc etc...
Who gives a shit she's a wild child and I love her.

MH

APtech77 said:
I can't get any better than 37mpg, but I ride like an asshole..... :smitty:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I've been getting 39 MPG on average. The furthest I've gone on my '06 is 172 miles on a tank (without running out).

Trip computer is fairly accurate, now that its figuring US gallons. Its typically only a couple of MPGs higher than calculated the old-fashioned way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.