1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
After the machine was acquired in 1975 the engine was rebuilt and run. It has not been run since.

Huh? How is that even possible to resist starting her up at least a few times a year? I wonder what happens to the engine innards if they sit unmoved for 30 years?

Just saw this Triton last saturday at the Helsinki drive-in bike show:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o316/sheikkinen/HBS2007/HBS070616022.jpg
Falls into the same category of gorgeous, me thinks.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
betcha Jay Leno is bidding on it :eboy:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Bidding's at 21K right now.

Buy a Thruxton and spend the rest on an aluminum tank, big bore kit, suspension... and have as much fun.

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Martin_R said:
After the machine was acquired in 1975 the engine was rebuilt and run. It has not been run since.

Huh? How is that even possible to resist starting her up at least a few times a year? I wonder what happens to the engine innards if they sit unmoved for 30 years?
Some guys just buy and restore these things because they love to do so. Other guys do it as an investment. I'm betting on investment for this one. I expect he has less than $3000 into it back in 1975, and is selling it today for in excess of $25,000.

Probably it would need to be torn down and rebuilt before it was run after 30 years, even in a temperature controlled environment. But if it were stored correctly it might be okay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.