1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Pics look bad-ass in black&white. Nice.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
That looks really good mongo :drink:, did you do the fab work? If not can we ask where it was done?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Now that's a look I like! Polished, high-mount, reverse megaphones. More details if you would...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers lads :drink:

cheap. ill try and upload some vids for some idea of sound.
at first they seemed f***ing loud. not so much now but i think thats cause my hearing has deteriorated substantially since!!!
they sound amazing powering through the mountains !!!!!!!!
think i got a good gain through the whole mid range, the front lifts up a bit more at the peak of the midrange than stock. but ive still gotta get an air filter & ecu done.

limey. whats HMV ?

dfib. i had them made up at pipemasters, brisbane australia. http://www.pipemasters.net
i believe they ship products throughout the world...

mongo

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Looking good mate. :eek:wned:

Did they come up with a new clamp for the front or do they use the stocker?

AA

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AA.
they just used the stock clamp.

he was talkin about making up a little shield to go over the connection.
but i dont mind it looking pretty raw. the only thing is that ive taken off the pillion pegs and my boots melt onto the midpipe......

- again i gotta give the credit to AA mr amberale. i pretty much flogged his idea for the pipes... cheers mate ! :pow:

mongo :horse: :horse: :horse:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Im not that into the exhaust... a novel idea though and i respect that. That look a lil bit like the D&D exhaust mega phones on my bonneville? Loud?

·
Registered
261 Posts
They look like polished stock Bonnie cans. Any truth to that? Did those inspire you to go this route? They look good on the bike, how do they sount? I know that the Norman Hyde peashooters sounded awsome on my Thruxton, so I am curious as to how these sound on a triple.

:afro:

·
Registered
93 Posts
I e-mailed 'pipemasters' three days ago asking for pricing and shipping info. No reply. Then the new JC Whitney motorcycle catalogue shows up in the mail and what do I find? Shorty (18inch), reverse megaphone, chrome, seamless mufflers made by EMGO. $42.99 each with free shipping on items over $75.00. So for an outlay of $86.00- plus $6.99 for extra 15" X 19" muffler insulation- it looks like the Pipemaster look could be replicated on the cheap. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I received a reply from Pipemasters this morning. They quoted $900.00 US delivered for a pair of their reverse megs. A little rich for my blood. I think I'll take a chance on the pair of Emgo shorty reverse megs for $86.00 delivered. If I'm dissatisfied I've got 90 days to return them to JC Whitney for a full refund.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts