Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped my beloved speedy on Saturday. I was being a complete tool trying to connect my Gerbrings jacket hookup and the next think I know is that she is over more than she should be...and bam. I was at a gas station, stopped, and I think my foot was in something slippery. She fell to the right. No scratches on the Zard, surprisingly. The napoleon bar end mirror is a little scratched but not bad enough to replace it. The break peddle is bent but I should be able to bend it back. The shocker is that the transmission cover is scratched pretty bad but he LSL frame protectors are not scratched at all. I don't think they even touched the ground. Looks like my hard earned money will go towards new crash pads that will help protect everything a little better. Give me some suggestions.

BTW :afro: just wish I could grow one of these and hello.

·
Registered
23,333 Posts
Gotta hate that,did the same sort of thing at home.Be careful bending that lever back.The dealer did mine but said they did it very slowly,still not quite back to level but it does the job,ride on! :popcorn:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
First, hello. :wave:

Second, no real harm done other than to pride.

Third, scratches add character and can be fixed easily. Use heat when bending the brake lever, and work slowly.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I did something similar but dumber. anyways I had the same damage. I havn't done anything to the clutch cover yet though. The rear Brake pedal was surprisingly easy to fix. I heated it with a map torch and used a pair of channel locks covered with a towel to keep from scratching it. Go really slow and when you feel like you're trying too hard, give it some more heat.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Also, on unbending cast aluminum...do it all at once: ie don't stop the application of force until the pedal is back where you want it. If you bend a little, then stop, then bend a little more, etc - it will work harden and embrittle more than if you just wince and move it back all at once.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
That sux. My condolensces.

I'm due something like that. It's been too long. So I just recently bought the GSG(?) crash pads that fit onto the cases to go with the sliders.

kjazz

·
Registered
255 Posts
That sucks man, I did the same thing about a week ago. The bike was protected by the Skyking top front slider and the rear passenger peg. The mounting bolt for the slider was slightly bent but that was it. I think about that moment everyday. I feel ya.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I haven't dropped a bike in 7 years. I guess it was bound to happen. I am still pissed about it. Where is the best place to buy gsg stuff from?
I think I am going to leave the break peddle alone until I get back from the NC mountains next week. It would be my luck that I snap it off while I'm trying to fix it right before that trip. It is still usable the way it is.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I saw a guy drop a BMW last week in NYC... I think he was trying to hook up an electric vest or turn the heat on or some shit. Fuckin' BMW riders... always sucks to see a motorcycle just lying on the ground... even if it is a BMW.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts