Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y'all-

Any sort of S3 gathering at Laguna this year? I'm riding up from SD...went two years ago, if you haven't seen MotoGP live, ya gotta'.

Be a shame if Nicky can't at least get it together for Laguna...

·
Registered
767 Posts
I'll be there!! I'm flying in from Texas to my brother's place in San Francisco. We'll be riding the bikes to the race from San Fran. Don't know if anyone else is going. Hell, if enough people go I'm up for a group meet.

I've been every year so far. Will not miss it.

·
Premium Member
6,770 Posts
it is a blast huh.....i have been going for the past 7 years. last year was HOTTER than a MOFO. i ride up from the LA area......take the PCH up to Monterey....damn thats nice....in fact i just rode a bit of it the weekend before last, on Memorial day weekend.

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
You know what? It actually kind of concurs with my short 1 week vacation. I could come down for Friday, but I'd have to start back late Saturday to get home in time for class on monday. Now assuming some kind soul would lend me the couch in their hotel room or RV and I managed to craigslist off my own couch, refrigerator, and right nobbly bit, I just might be able to afford it.

Damn. Now that's got me thinking.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wifey and I are going on the s3. Keep me posted of any gatherings. :drink: Monterey :drink: Valentino is killing it. Still looks the best to me. :pow:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey-I'm riding from San Diego to Pismo beach on Thursday (family is following in the Mini-van ;)

On Friday, I'm taking the ride from San Louis Obispos up 1 to Monterey (Van not following, meeting me from 101 ;D )

The San Louis ride to Monterey is spectacular...Maybe call a meet in San Louis Obispo Friday mid-morning and ride the coast into Monterey?

And yes, Valentino is still god :pow:

However, good to see him finally have a field of competition...go Stoner!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'm jealous. We've got some nice tracks here on the east coast - why can't we have one here too? :finger:

I'm a John Hopkins fan, but that's mainly because a) Rossi's been on top for too long and is sorta like the NYYankees of Moto GP - you have to hate him; you just have to b) Hayden, despite being the champ, is apparently getting no love from Honda and has no chance c) Casey Stoner rides a Ducati, 'nuff said and d) anybody with the stones to race Moto GP on a BABY BLUE bike deserves to win.

·
Premium Member
6,770 Posts
you have to see Laguna Seca in person to believe how increadable it is.....the surroundind countryside is all hills, so you never see the track until the last moment as you crest the hills and look down upon a racing Mecca :pow:. seeing crowds and motorcycles as far as you can see....i swear every time i go, music starts playing from the heavens, choirs of angels start singing. it brings a tear to my eye thinking of it.... :'( the whole weekend is awesome.....the surrounding countryside...awesome riding, Cannery Row in Monterey after the races at night, a total blast. tons of bikes, and bike related stuff to look at. again :'( ...well maybe ya ll :loser: can make it one day.....see all ya ll other dudes there....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts