Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
I was so expecting CBS to butcher the coverage, especially after the opening credits where they said "Moto GP is the Nascar of motorcycle racing". But Schwantz did a good job and the other yokel didn't say too many stupid things. The top three kept it close to the end. Good race.

·
Registered
893 Posts
dr_gallup said:
But Schwantz did a good job and the other yokel didn't say too many stupid things. The top three kept it close to the end. Good race.
Ah yes, Schwantz!
I missed the first 1/2 of the race, and i was trying to figure out who the commentator was. My first guess was Nick Ienatsch, but it didn't sound quite right.

G

·
You were JUUUUUst a little off base. Not Tooooooooo much. Rossie was Juuuuuuuuuust a little offfffffffffff line, Stoooooooner was Juuuuuuusssssssst faster in the apex. Pedrosa waaaaaaas juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust behind. :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:

·
Registered
893 Posts
limey said:
You were JUUUUUst a little off base. Not Tooooooooo much. Rossie was Juuuuuuuuuust a little offfffffffffff line, Stoooooooner was Juuuuuuusssssssst faster in the apex. Pedrosa waaaaaaas juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust behind. :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap:
A little gassed today, are we limey?? :beer: :beer:

G

·
No, I wish I had a $ for everytime that geezer said "Juuuuuuust" or " Liiiiiiiiitle" I wanted to throw my beer at the TV. :blah: :loser: :poop: :slap:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Lame commentary, especially compared to the guys that usually do it on Speed. Schwantz doesn't read script well at all, and the other bozo doesn't know the difference between riding and driving. Stoner knows the difference between Ducati power and Yamaha power though..

·
Registered
2,293 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I HATE-HATE-HATE-HATE my GP coverage of any sort on American network TV. The F1 coverage on FOX was a JOKE - no pre-race, no driver comments post-race, and as mentioned, the commentary is dumbed down far enough for your average NASCAR fan - it's like listening to Dubya.

Lewis Hamilton wins his first F1 race as a rookie driver in his sixth F1 start ever and I'm not allowed to hear his post-race comments because Fox doesn't have an extra fifteen minutes to devote to programming for the penultimate form of auto racing? Stupid F**KS!!!!! I will kill Ted Turner!!! Fucking hate them.

/rant

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
kmoss said:
Who will be the commentator?
I think the commentators for 125 GP races should do the whole race while breathing helium.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I thought the commentary was lame. Schwantz looked like he was reading everything off of a teleprompter. Why the FUCK are they broadcasting on CBS anyway all of a sudden???? They didn't even have all three podium finishers comment on the race!!! :finger: :finger: :finger:.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think the program was designed for americans who have never heard of or seen a motogp race. They dumbed it down pretty good.

G

·
I am very pissed off I missed it. I hope it replays later on Speed but I have not found it to replay this month. Why did they put Moto GP on CBS? Mericans only like napcar and who likes motorcycle racing? How many people know who Nicky is? Any one know if Moto GP is coming to Indy 2008.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Ranger32 said:
I am very pissed off I missed it. I hope it replays later on Speed but I have not found it to replay this month. Why did they put Moto GP on CBS? Mericans only like napcar and who likes motorcycle racing? How many people know who Nicky is? Any one know if Moto GP is coming to Indy 2008.
My guess is that it was a feeler to see what kind of viewership/response it received. I don't want to see Motogp become the cycling equivalent of nascar, but it would be cool if it got big enough to get some world class tracks over here. But I doubt that will happen ::).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts