1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Schweet! Nice color combo.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Loose the wrap. Otherwise looks good but you could work on your photo composition. Perhaps a comely wench behind the bike instead of that whale.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HAHA !! Good point. I probably going to keep the wrap and paint it black. i have a SSSA Im going to convert it to in a few weeks. Im just torn about what direction to go full body (maybe duc 999 track body) with custom HID headlight or crazy street fighter. The WHALE is a problem agreed. thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the input. im looking to possibly add fairings but im not sure what direction to go track 955i with custom headlight, 675 if they would fit, and same for 999 which i have heard has been done but have not seen anywhere. If any of you guys have any cool ideas or pics of this bike with differn fairing set up that would be awesome.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Where did you get that belly pan?
Damn good look man love the color combo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NDspd the belly pan I purchased from airtech fairings. Its the belly pan for the t595 they have some pretty good prices on body work.

·
Registered
6,325 Posts
HAHA !! Good point. I probably going to keep the wrap and paint it black. i have a SSSA Im going to convert it to in a few weeks. Im just torn about what direction to go full body (maybe duc 999 track body) with custom HID headlight or crazy street fighter. The WHALE is a problem agreed. thanks
It definitely looks good. You've got a good combo there, with the colours, USD fork conversion and the whole angry fighter - nay street brawler look it's got going on.

NOTE: If you're going to be using this as a track weapon, you WILL lose some of the handling by converting over to the SSSA. Don't get me wrong, SSSA is ALWAYS cool and MUCH, Much, Much sexier, however the handling is Not as good as the DSSA. In europe those freaks even go so far as to fit Aprilia RSV swing arms to improve track handling.
If this is going to be street biased, then go the SSSA for sure.

Re the fairings, again if you're going street, I say stay naked. (maybe paint the block black to match the rest of the motor...) If you are tracking this thing, and don't wanna do naked, then you have several choices. Was this a Daytona 955i ? or Speed Triple 955i? The grey on the motor and the radiator lead me to think it's a Daytona. If so, how much of the fairing bracketry have you got? If you don't got much or any of it, I think your cheapest option will be going a Ducati or similar plastic set of fairings from ebay via china. Last time I looked, there weren't many places making aftermarket fairings for the earlier T595 shape Daytonas, let alone the 02 and later models. Not sure what/how much airtech do, and for how many bags of gold... I know of at least one person on this side of the world who has successfully fitted a Duc 999 Fairing to his Daytona, so it can be done if you're prepared to fabricate brackets and mounts as required. Considering you can get whole sets of plastics off ebay for like $500-$600 depending on if you want race glass or street plastics, I'd be looking at a set of Duc ones and making them fit. Also, I would only be looking to fit the Top/Main/Cockpit fairing, and show off the motor more (it would also minimise the amount of extra fabrication required for fitting the side fairings), and maybe sell off the unused parts to recoup some costs. Could even fit a 675 Cockpit fairing (675 ebay prices are about the same as Duc ones), but I'm not sure what which lines would flow better with your tail piece and ducktail. 675 might be too angular, then again it might not...

Looks good, stay different and non comformist.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks for the input Bad Santa 1050. It started out as an 02 daytona and was stripped down and converted. Im struggling with keeping it naked or dressing her up. I definately want to do something different and love the way these things look cafe / streetfighter style. Im leaning towards the 999 look as I have never seen one done in that way. I have a sick HID head light with a blue halo i think i would make this thing look really tough with the 999 set up. Im looking to get an an rc8 within the next year (selling the whale) but want to get this one squared away first. I never really looked at triumph before this bike and I think I will always own one. It would be cool if they came out with another liter bike i might skip the rc8 and get that. Thanks for the input and your time. Aslo does anyone have a pic of a 955i in 999 clothes i cant find one anywhere on the web. This is a video the day I put it back together it sounds so sweet.

[video=youtube;FBiPvIammsk]http://youtu.be/FBiPvIammsk[/video]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea sick i got same bike goin to do as a street fighter ok question what did you do to tripleclamp to get those bars on it did u get holes drilled how did please

1 - 20 of 23 Posts