Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I just bought a 1050(2015).
When cold he starts immidiately, but when i stop the engine after a while (so when he is warm), he wont start directly.. but eventually he will when i keep trying.. And you hear nothing when a push the start button..

Thanks guys

greetingz

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
If you hear nothing it's definitely an electrical problem. My guess is a relay but you need to go step by step and try to find the problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2014 SPDR and I too have hot start issues. Not always, but frequently enough to be a concern. When it first happened the shop said it was the battery. New battery made things good but within maybe 6 months the hot start issues began again. The bike will crank hesitantly. It will sometimes fire or will fire on the second or third try. Is this something common with '14 era SPD's? If so what's the fix.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
I have a 2014 SPDR and I too have hot start issues. Not always, but frequently enough to be a concern. When it first happened the shop said it was the battery. New battery made things good but within maybe 6 months the hot start issues began again. The bike will crank hesitantly. It will sometimes fire or will fire on the second or third try. Is this something common with '14 era SPD's? If so what's the fix.
Sounds like your charging system is not keeping the battery up. Commonly a burnt stator leg.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
The key to extending stator life is to replace the RR with a series one which will significantly reduce power dissipation in the stator.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The key to extending stator life is to replace the RR with a series one which will significantly reduce power dissipation in the stator.
dr_gallup. Thank you but I am not bike speak literate. So what is it that you suggest?
I am puzzled that the bike will on occasion be hesitant to start when hot. Never a problem on cold starts. On hot starts it will hesitate but will start, sometimes on the first crank, sometimes on the third crank.
Any info is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The <2008 Sprints suffer from the same symptom. Not sure about the different Speedy models but the following measures do help:
  • relocate R/R to cooler location
  • upgrade stator/RR/battery connectors to Metripack 630 series
  • upgrade starter/solenoid/ground/charging system cable gauge
  • don't use small lower CCA batteries

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
dr_gallup. Thank you but I am not bike speak literate. So what is it that you suggest?
I am puzzled that the bike will on occasion be hesitant to start when hot. Never a problem on cold starts. On hot starts it will hesitate but will start, sometimes on the first crank, sometimes on the third crank.
Any info is greatly appreciated.
Get a Shindengen SH847 or similar regulator/rectifier and it will extend the life of whatever stator you use.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts