Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
noticed my fuel light pops on at about 90 to 100 miles, I ride an 07 with 800 miles on the clock now... is there something wrong? I dont do much highway riding at all btw... should I take it to the dealer? ugh I hate going to the dealer
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool ok so i wont use the fuel light, whats the range? ill just use the odometer.. what number should i get gas at?
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine comes on around 190 klm's (120 miles) with about half my riding on the highway, so it's probably about right. You will get at least another 30 miles before you need to fill up.
Most I've done is 290klm's between fill ups.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
My fuel light sucks ass as well...it came on after 80 miles..went out...came back on at 95 miles...went out again...

Spoke to my stealer about it...apparantly the Tigers have had a software problem and there's an update coming soon. The speedy prolly has the same disease.
He suggested I use the "X miles left on fuel" app in the trip'puter instead....until the update was out that is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
Listening to you guys I'm starting to feel like a freakazoid or sumpin'. My light comes on around 170 miles and I usually fill up pretty quick after that. It normally takes about 3.5 gallons then which means I still got about a gallon in if my math is right. What am I doing wrong I need to get my mileage down :horse:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ratdiver said:
Listening to you guys I'm starting to feel like a freakazoid or sumpin'. My light comes on around 170 miles and I usually fill up pretty quick after that. It normally takes about 3.5 gallons then which means I still got about a gallon in if my math is right. What am I doing wrong I need to get my mileage down :horse:
open the damn throttle dude! :d: :d: :d: :d:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,016 Posts
Ratdiver said:
limey said:
open the damn throttle dude! :d: :d: :d: :d:
Do I need to order the Triumph special throttle opening tool??? :wrench:
No, there are several quality aftermarket tools that are cheaper and more effective for opening the throttle. For instance, this item:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,934 Posts
spooner said:
My fuel light sucks ass as well...it came on after 80 miles..went out...came back on at 95 miles...went out again...
Mine does this in the twisties, especially downhill ones. Rather comforting, really.

Don't trust that "you've got at least thirty miles" mentality EVER. My bike will STOP RUNNING in under 135 miles if I'm riding halfway spiritedly - ask me how I know. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,252 Posts
crashmasterd said:
Ratdiver said:
limey said:
open the damn throttle dude! :d: :d: :d: :d:
Do I need to order the Triumph special throttle opening tool??? :wrench:
No, there are several quality aftermarket tools that are cheaper and more effective for opening the throttle. For instance, this item:

Crash you are one sick bastard!

Nicely done! :drink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,016 Posts
Thanks Dfib! I'll take that as a compliment. :drink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
crashmasterd said:
Ratdiver said:
limey said:
open the damn throttle dude! :d: :d: :d: :d:
Do I need to order the Triumph special throttle opening tool??? :wrench:
No, there are several quality aftermarket tools that are cheaper and more effective for opening the throttle. For instance, this item:

Crash
That's the tool most of my women need to work out with prior to an evening out with me :p Ya got a sick mind, I like that
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top