Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...i haven't post a pic up here yet...I've been meaning to though. Memorial day weekend i got to test out the new frames that i made to mount up some hard bags onto the Tona. i took off up the coast and camped out near Morrow Bay. what a awesome place i live in......ahhhh southern Cali....sorry for the rest of ya..hahaha. it also gave me a chance to test the new Pilot 2CT's. i switched to a 180 vs 190 tire. like the way the 180 holds a line in the corner vs the 190 fighting back. the 2CT's are turning out to be a nice tire, i like the response from them so far. so i know this is a S3 forum.....but I'm sure ya ll will appriceate a sexy beast when ya see one....oh yeah, tell me what ya think of my luggage racks that i made. the frames come off in like 10 minutes if that and i can then be ready to hit the twisties. the frames i made accept any maker of bags. i installed Givi bags that lock on, and lock shut. that way i can take my trip and not worry about valuables...i have ridden many long trips on the 3 different Tonas that i have had..and the soft bags were just not cutting it, i always worried about some a-hole diggin thru my stuff if i walked away from my bike.....this solved that problem....

·
Premium Member
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why thank you sir......i figured ya ll need something to look at besides black, white, grey, green and that other color...what is it?...

·
Registered
23,333 Posts
Fn top job there Dano,looks like a lot of thought went into that one,excellent.Now wonder what i can do for Speedy,hmmmmmmmmmmm. :pow:

·
Registered
167 Posts
like the color match bags! your speedy is the best commuter/travel triple i've seen yet. looks very appropriate for its purpose.
good job!
-b

·
Registered
18,149 Posts
I think it looks like :poop: :fingure: 'bout time ya got some pics of that POS on here dano. Alright, I'm full of :bs: It's you that's a POS, not the bike. :twofinger:

Nice look'n tona. :drink:

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
For some unknown reason it reminds me of Nell...

·
Premium Member
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the comments guys, are any of the last generation S3 owners interested? the 02-04 owners?...i can use a local shop to get the dimensions if someone wanted a set for the 1050 S3. i have already built 4 sets for other Tona owners, as they asked me too build them some. i never thought it would be as well received as it has been. it looks that i might be building a more of these....a local shop wants me to partner up to make, and sell them for the new 1050 tiger......so if anyone is interested let me know....they will be offered in mild steel, and probally black powder coated, as the price of stainless has gone thru the roof.....

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
If I was going to ride a bike with a fairing, it would be a Tona. If I rode a Tona, it would be for touring. If I did a lot of touring, hard bags would be the way to go. That's some mighty fine work dano!

·
Premium Member
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cwb4tx said:
nice rack (LOL) You better torque down those screw better though..
i left out that bolt, as i just wanted to shoot a few pics.....i have lock washers installed and everthing has worked out great so far....

·
Registered
23,333 Posts
Hey Dano,what holds the case on to the black frame at the bottom,is there a lug on the Givi case? :beer: :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you know the tabs i talked about?....you can see the 2 bolt tabs on the black frame. they slide into slots on the bottom of the bags. the other 2 Givi plates don't have the bolt tabs..they have the slotted tabs that are moulded to the frame...

·
Registered
23,333 Posts
Ah yes,i see them now.Maybe is should open my eyes once in a while,especially when i'm riding my motorcycle. :slap: :eek:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.