Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have a 05 triumph speed triple 1050cc and let me add that I love it! I've been riding for a while now but always on 2 wheels. I've got the 2wheel riding down pat but I want to learn how to ride on just the rear wheel for a while. I start to do a power up in first but as soon as it starts to come up I let go and let it back down! Any tips would be greatly appreciated! And reminder, I'm just learning so please keep negativity to yourself. Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Clutch up in 2nd rear at about 40 miles an hour. You will subconsciously feel the need to lean forward but that goes against what you are trying to accomplish. That bike is hard to loop so don't worry about that. The gauges will be about even with your eye level. Keep applying the throttle to ride it out or hit balance point. People say to cover the rear brake but I never do. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Covering the rear brake is a really good idea as it will let you bring it back down if you go past the balance point. My best recommendation for learning to wheelie is get a dirt bike and learn at slower speeds on softer surfaces with cheaper more crash worthy hardware. Actually, I recommend that for all MC learning experiences.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts