Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I hear the Velocity2 chain reaction system doesn't work with the '07s with the "new" exhaust, but Bob's working on a new setup for the new exhaust. Point of post: keep me up to date here.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
the header on the new '07+ exhaust ends a little sooner, all that is needed is a couple of inches of pipe to make up the difference. An adapter could be made relatively easily I would think. It would look funny having two slip joints a few inches apart, but it would work.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
StuckInKansas said:
the header on the new '07+ exhaust ends a little sooner, all that is needed is a couple of inches of pipe to make up the difference. An adapter could be made relatively easily I would think. It would look funny having two slip joints a few inches apart, but it would work.
If that's the ONLY difference, that'd be great, as, if you wanted, you could later pick up the Chain Reaction header system too...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bob's done with the new mid-pipe design. Ordered mine from him a while back before he had designed the new mid-pipe and he said he should be sending it out this week. The only other difference is the O2 sensor location. As soon as it comes in and I get it put on, I'll post pics and mention any notables. By the way, great customer service from Bob, he's been real patient with my patience.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Roulettetriple said:
Bob's done with the new mid-pipe design. Ordered mine from him a while back before he had designed the new mid-pipe and he said he should be sending it out this week. The only other difference is the O2 sensor location. As soon as it comes in and I get it put on, I'll post pics and mention any notables. By the way, great customer service from Bob, he's been real patient with my patience.
So.... what you are saying... is that I could be riding with a Chain Reaction system RIGHT NOW?!?!?!? DAMMIT! :eek:wned:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Tripping said:
Roulettetriple said:
So.... what you are saying... is that I could be riding with a Chain Reaction system RIGHT NOW?!?!?!? DAMMIT! :eek:wned:
Probably within a week or so...give Bob a call.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bob says in a week or two. Kinda wanna pre-order.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If anyone wants to speed this process up I sure could use an 07 in my garage for a couple hours. Anyone out there who'd like to come up here gets a discount. I need mufflers first but they should be here in about a week or two at the most.

And in case you've never been here, besides some insanely good riding, we have fishing, camping, hiking, etc, etc, etc.

:squid:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry Bob, 2500km is a bit far for a trip for a weekend for me. Even for a discount.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey man, how are things going? Any news on when these suckers are gonna be done?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bump! Now that I've actually put in my order, I REALLY want to get my hands on these....

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Waited almost a month for mine. But it was worth it. Patience, grasshopper. :beer:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
R100Pilot said:
Waited almost a month for mine. But it was worth it. Patience, grasshopper. :beer:
Sir, that word does not exist within my vocabulary...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just as an add-on here, my S3 is basically stock right now, anyone know what the best tune would be for the Chain Reaction setup?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bumpity... still waiting.... winter's coming on wayyyyy too fast. 2 months of riding left, maybe. :'(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts