Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, decided to upgrade everything for this year since usually i ride with random mismatched gear. First I picked up a new Icon Daytona jacket.

Then a few minutes ago I purchased a new helmet online. KBC VR-2 Stealth

Now tomorrow I'm gonna go and look at some new gloves and either go for some leather pants or get some of the Icon or Draggin riding pants. Also, any suggestions on boots?

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
mnrider said:
Well, decided to upgrade everything for this year since usually i ride with random mismatched gear. First I picked up a new Icon Daytona jacket.

Also, any suggestions on boots?
I got SIDI Black Rain EVO or something, can't complain.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just added these to the collection. Icon hooligan canvas pants.

Now just gotta pick out some gloves and boots.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Added these to the list yesterday, Icon Super Duty gloves.

I just can't figure out what to get for boots now.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Go Barefooted because you`ll be sweating your ass off with all that black! ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, got to test out the coat and gloves on a test ride today. The gloves were great and the coat fits amazingly. The only thing that bothered me a little is that the coat likes to irritate my neck in the front. Maybe I need to wear a scarf?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey mnrider,
How is that VR2 Stealth Helmet???

·
Registered
817 Posts
I hope you tried on another KBC helmet first. I may have an odd shaped head or something, but they were the most uncomfortable helmet I've tried on. Looks nice though, hope it fits.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I've got the Icon Motorhead jacket, pretty much the same, except there's no collar. I really really like it. Have the Icon Merc short gloves too, they're ok. I'll be guying new gloves soon though.

As for boots, I went with the Sidi Vertebrae. I really like them, I got them because I plan to do a lot of track riding and when you put you pants over them, you don't look like such a racer. At $275 they're kinda spendy, depends on how you ride I guess.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I won't get the VR-2 helmet for another 8 days:( it was on backorder. I tried one on at a dealership 2 days after I ordered it online. Thankfully I went and looked around at what people said on the helmet. Most said to order one size bigger than you would. By the measurements the site gave, I should have bought a Medium. I bought a Large instead. Tried on a large at the dealership and fit nice and snug. After a little use it seems like it'll be very comfortable.

And yes, this is a fashion show. Just wait till I get the photo's up with me in my chaps wt/out anything underneith!!! :devil: :twofinger: :fingure:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts