Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Speed Triple 1050
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Beaverton Oregon.

Thought I'd say hi since it looks like this is my new place for a while. First Triumph and first bike was a 2005 Daytona 600, stopped riding in 2008 after a bad year having lost three friends. Confidence was shot, wife was worried so I sold the Daytona and went back to four wheels. Now, 13 years later, it really is "just like riding a bike". The Speed Triple 1050 has always been one of my favorites and after selling a show car I decided it was time again. This '08 came up for sale the same day my Audi S8 sold so I took it as a sign and picked it up. Still getting sorted out with gear, all my stuff got smaller in the closet, something to do with humidity I'm pretty sure... Some little bits and bobs already on the way and some larger purchases being decided on now. Looking forward to reading through the posts here and seeing what others have done and getting to work on this thing to make it my own.

Cheers!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hello from Beaverton Oregon.

Thought I'd say hi since it looks like this is my new place for a while. First Triumph and first bike was a 2005 Daytona 600, stopped riding in 2008 after a bad year having lost three friends. Confidence was shot, wife was worried so I sold the Daytona and went back to four wheels. Now, 13 years later, it really is "just like riding a bike". The Speed Triple 1050 has always been one of my favorites and after selling a show car I decided it was time again. This '08 came up for sale the same day my Audi S8 sold so I took it as a sign and picked it up. Still getting sorted out with gear, all my stuff got smaller in the closet, something to do with humidity I'm pretty sure... Some little bits and bobs already on the way and some larger purchases being decided on now. Looking forward to reading through the posts here and seeing what others have done and getting to work on this thing to make it my own.

Cheers!

View attachment 44232
Nice bike...

·
Registered
2016 Triumph Speed Triple R
5 Posts
Condolences for you and your friends families. One heck of a coincidence that you get back on a ‘08 of the bike you really wanted. I got back on them recently too. It really is like riding a bike and you get a good chunk of the muscle memory back but I still got into situations where I know I would have handled them better previously. You know yourself. Keep it handy for the first while and hopefully we will both be long term members here 👍

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Pics of the S8 please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Nice. Always wanted one but I’ve heard the maintenance costs are high. Have fun with the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kurzer
1 - 8 of 8 Posts