Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, I have purchased a 2004 speed triple a few days ago. The same night I found this web and decided to join. I have a couple of questions about the bike. First, does anyone know where I can get a cheap manual since it did not come with one? Second does anyone have a low rpm engine stutter? It happens below 2,500 rpm, and only If you are really giving her the gas. I came from a 2005 yamaha R6 and am still getting used to the different power on this beast. Any help would grate, thanks to everone.

·
Registered
8,252 Posts
Welcome! :wave: :drink:

Don't mind Cheap, he's under the impression yeller is a fast color. ;) :loser:

My first thought is have the nearest dealer check what tune is loaded. Is your exhaust stock? If so the previous owner might have had aftermarket exhaust on, and swapped back to stock to sell and never changed the map. If you have an aftermarket can on then it might not have the aftermarket tune loaded.

Good luck and keep us posted.

BTW :picsstfu:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it has the factory triumph carbon fiber high mount on it. Also, can they load new maps on these bikes without out having a piggy back, like power commander or tune boy? And does anyone know of a good triumph dealer around the Central Florida Area? thanks.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Yep, they can. They just upload new tune to the ECU. Tuneboy does the same though, you don't have to touch the wiring or add any new stuff to the bike. Just plug the cable and upload the tune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.