Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Just picked up this 2012 Ts3 R, only 885 miles on her. Anything I should know in particular about this year ? Pro's, con's, problems, or surprises ? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks from NJ
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

·
Registered
4,504 Posts
Be careful starting it up. It's obviously been sitting a LONG time and the cylinders are probably bone dry and possibly rusted. On member bought a "new" bike that had sat for several years on a showroom floor. Ran OK at first but then started burning oil. I would at least pull the plugs and put some oil in each cylinder. Not sure how you could get it distributed around the bore. Maybe tilt from side to side and then push it up a steep ramp. Then turn over by hand a few times.

Drain any fuel and throw it away. Put fresh gas and injector cleaner in the tank then cross your fingers and pray.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Be careful starting it up. It's obviously been sitting a LONG time and the cylinders are probably bone dry and possibly rusted. On member bought a "new" bike that had sat for several years on a showroom floor. Ran OK at first but then started burning oil. I would at least pull the plugs and put some oil in each cylinder. Not sure how you could get it distributed around the bore. Maybe tilt from side to side and then push it up a steep ramp. Then turn over by hand a few times.

Drain any fuel and throw it away. Put fresh gas and injector cleaner in the tank then cross your fingers and pray.
Thanks Doc, it had been serviced in early 2021, by the dealer, and I ended up riding it home from Columbus Ohio, to NJ,
Ran great as so far all is well !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts