Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just saying hello, got my first Triumph S3 (2012) a few weeks back and.....I bloody love it!
I've always had Hondas, CBRs mainly and the last one being an Africa Twin but I wanted something, reliable, fun to ride and that would put a stupid grin on my face and it doesn't disappoint.

Anyways, great to be here folks.

20210512_174756.jpg

·
Registered
2016 Triumph Speed Triple R
5 Posts
Welcome. Looks like you got a well looked after one there.
So… how does the sound compare? 😁

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome. Looks like you got a well looked after one there.
So… how does the sound compare? 😁
Sounds so good Jage 👍🏻
The Africa Twin had a pretty loud bark but the Speedy has more of a subtle growl to it, love it.
I've tried to get the baffles out of the Arrows though but they're stuck fast 🤔

·
Registered
2016 Triumph Speed Triple R
5 Posts
Might depend what year arrows they are. I think it’s post 2015 have the baffles welded in (EU regulations) so they take a bit of extra work (and a Dremmel) to get out.
I had a few bikes before I got to a Triumph, one distraction and then back again. I genuinely think I missed the noise most of all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Might depend what year arrows they are. I think it’s post 2015 have the baffles welded in (EU regulations) so they take a bit of extra work (and a Dremmel) to get out.
I had a few bikes before I got to a Triumph, one distraction and then back again. I genuinely think I missed the noise most of all.
Hmm, yeah I presumed they were fitted from new, making them 2012. They've also got a little bolt on the inside of each end that makes me think they should be able to come out?? I'll maybe have another poke around.

It sounds pretty awesome as it is, I can see why they are so appealing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts