Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was the wife's birthday last weeks and I was stuck for a gift idea. Then she mentioned that she was bored with the plain black paint on her 2007 street triple. So I thought re-spay time!:big smile: I have put the bodywork back on the bike since these pictures were taken and it looks fantastic. Will post more photos when I've taken them!
Purple Wood Flooring Floor Automotive design
Automotive lighting Helmet Motorcycle helmet Automotive design Sports gear
Head Helmet Toy Sports equipment Light

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Veddy nize!

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Crash will want to buy it when she's ready to upgrade to the Speed Triple, so keep it in good shape.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
Nu-uh. That's a girl's bike.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Whatever.

It's even in your color!

·
Registered
10,990 Posts
Damn. Nice work.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fantastic work. Did you come up with the stripe idea? I like how it splits into two on the tank and the onto the fender. Why didn't you stripe the flyscreen?
Hi Talus,
Didn't stripe the flyscreen as it's covered by a smoked black visor. The paintwork was done by these guys Revolution Custom Paint Home A local outfit that I'd used before, so knew the work would be good. The area thats in the middle of the 2 stripes is dished and the rest of the wide ivory stripe is on a raised part of the gas tank, so what they've done is follow the raised lines of the tank. That made it easy to extend the two stripes onto the front fender. The ivory and candy apple red are separated by a 3mm gold pin stripe. The red has been given a subtle black smoke around the edges to give the colour a bit of extra depth. Now it's all back together, it looks class...
We came up with the design by taking the bodywork down to the spray shop and talking a few ideas over with the guy. 'Er indoors already had a good idea of what colours she wanted, so it was a matter of going through the colour swatches until we found colours that matched. Graham, the spray artist, then started applying masking tape to the tank etc while we discussed a few design ideas. Applying the tape allowed us to have a good idea of what the design would look like before making a final decision.

Inky - It is a 1st class job, but I didn't do it :notme: Just paid for it and removed / re-installed it all. I wouldn't have the finished result anywhere near this good :haha:

T-Bone

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
:sign5: :lh:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts