Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow riders!

I just learned how to ride this year for the first time in my life. In april, in the 33C degree pouring rain I first swung a leg over a MSF motorcycle. I got the bug last winter to try riding and now it's all I want to do. Growing up in Harley land (Wisconsin) has been great, but I've never been one to like the look of them. Maybe that's why it's taken so long for me to want to ride. Anyways, I bought my first bike, a 2008 Suzuki SV650s and put around 1500 miles on it.

After 1500 miles and only a month, I knew I wanted something more powerful, faster. So I traded in the sv650s for a 2013 GSX-R750. Well, to make a long story short, that was a bad idea. While the bike would do anything I asked it to, I had very little real experience and often pushed it wayyyyyy to fast for a beginner rider. So, I took back to the dealership, lost about $1.5k on it and sold it back to them. Lesson learned.

Well, three weeks rolled by and I was getting really bummed not having a bike to ride. So, I dialed up Craigslist in my browser and fell in love with a 2007 Speed Triple. So, here I am today, a proud owner of that S3. I like that it's not a high-strung machine and has a lot of torque down low. Anyways, I've obviously registered because I'm having an issue with the bike (day one!) and I was hoping the brains on this forum might be able to help.

So, I'm off to resurrect this thread.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts