Triumph Speed Triple Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2003 with 2400 mi. on it and i am new to bikes. I am looking for a good resource on maintenance help, tips/tricks, how to ride the bike (when to shift, what rpm is "too low", etc)

Also would like to know of places to buy accessories and upgrades.

Love the bike, can't wait to learn all about it.

Cheers, Neil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You found the right place man! ;D This site has it all just surf around you'll find it. As far as shifting "too low," --just don't lug it and stay with what is comfortable to you. It won't be long and you'll be bangin' that good clean Speedy off the rev limiter! Be safe, ride at your own pace, and have fun. :drink: Cheers

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
SHIFT IT WHEN YOU HIT THE REV LIMITER !!!!

Seriously, tho - check out all the "Sticky"s at the top of each section for more info than anybody could ever digest. And stay away from Devious/Devious2XS, because he will have you deep in aftermarket parts, mods, and debt before you know what hit you! :twofinger:

My experience with this bike (4000 miles since Feb 20th this year) makes it hands down my most favorite ride ever! The stupid grin comes on at 6000 rpm with the front wheel leaving the ground... ;D ;D ;D ;D :afro:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Fuckin A, Bucket. Ride that sumbitch like a two dolla ho.

Seriously, if it's your first bike take it easy. This one'll bite you in the ass if you're not careful. Be safe, USE SAFETY EQUIPMENT!!!!!! and, for the love of god, have fun and stay on. Oh, and buy an extra helmet. The ladies are gonna be linin up to take a spin on the back of it. If you play your cards right you'll be takin' a spin on the back of them... ;)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Welcome! :wave:
There are lots of threads on this site for accessories and maintaining the bike.

Keep the revs above 4000 rpm most of the time, and shift when it feels right - you will soon get a feel for it. Just don't lug the engine under 2000 rpm.

PM me your email address and I can send you a copy of the shop manual for the 2002-2004 S3 and Daytona. I will try and get Catahoulabulldog to host it on this site or somewhere else.

Have fun, and enjoy the bike while staying safe. Watch out for the cagers (car drivers), and ride like you are invisible to them - many are blind to bikes. :violent1:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
This is probably gonna be your best resource for tech information and such.

Just ignore that Cheap guy and you'll be fine. :beer:

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
the best upgrade, proper protective gear....

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
cheapbastard said:
don't listen to R100, I'm loaded with tons of good useful info. :twofinger:
Yes, but not everyone is in need of the phone number of a doctor who will treat your syphilis without telling your wife.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts