The Speed Triple Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on leaving the ecu and fuelling as stock, no need, I told myself, the 11' Speedy seems superb already, yet I keep getting around the forums and keep finding posts of maps and whatever else is downloaded and I am curious. Though a little confused.

Can the ECU be tuned with free to download software and just the cable purchased?

The basic guides seem to include a lot more than I am used to when dealing with basic fuel mapping on a Power Commander, do they include ignition timing, rev limiter changes and related electronic goodies?

Would a tune I could so myself change the performance of my stock S3?

Would a tune be necessary and available for the unbranded stubby little muffler 3 into 1 routine I got with the bike from the seller?

·
Registered
407 Posts
tuning these bikes is easy there is plenty of different tunes for low mounts with different options on the TUNECU website.. its free and all you need is a cable with the correct chip to connect to the bike ... easy as - save the current tune - load the new one - run adaptations and voila the bike is tuned for the chosen configuration. Obviously these maps are designed for similar set-ups BUT the optimal tune will be one specifically created for your bike through a DINO (TUNECU can be used to tune but it will need more involvement from the tuner to mess around with AF ratios)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Read a fair amount on here and elsewhere now, Speedy and will get that cable ordered and try to resurrect my old windows based laptop as seems a bit fiddly to do with an emulator program on the macbook. Also will soon order a new slip on, peeking at a GPR offering at the moment, Furore. If not, then will go with a MIVV.

·
Registered
32,017 Posts
I never had trouble using my Macbook Pro.

You just need to install Virtualbox (free) and install a virtual Windows machine. (You need a copy of Windows though) Works great.

On the other hand, if you have an old PC laptop around that will run Windows 7 that might be an easier solution. You might even get away with Windows XP, but I found Windows 7 worked better.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never had trouble using my Macbook Pro.

You just need to install Virtualbox (free) and install a virtual Windows machine. (You need a copy of Windows though) Works great.

On the other hand, if you have an old PC laptop around that will run Windows 7 that might be an easier solution. You might even get away with Windows XP, but I found Windows 7 worked better.
Thanks for the tip, crash. Will give it a go, as have time before the cable gets here. Looks like the arrow lowboy will be the best tune for this little stumpy can, and perhaps also suiting when I get a better slipon. Leaning towards a GPR low mount Furore. Though the Mivvs look sweet also. Will roll the dice and order before the week is out.

Also saw some chap on youtube using his phone for android version of Tune, yet different cable again and my chinese xiaomi may be on its way out after too many cracks and thuds and spills.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts